Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

power adders

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007 | 06:47 PM
stump jumper
Default power adders

Hello everyone. I have a 04.5 2500 4x4 with a 48re in it. I purchaced truck in june with 77000 miles on it. I pull a 5th wheel that is 11000lbs. I am looking for a power adder for towing and better fuel mileage. I have searched the forums but could not find anything on the Striker 1 from Painless Performance. Any one have any knowledge on this product. It is about half of what the Edge costs. I have read alot of people have the Edge or the Smarty, does your fuel mileage increase with these? The striker has a fuel economy mode that the others do not have. I do not plan on racing truck, just alittle more pep while towing and better fuel while driving daily.

I do not want to start a war just need real world info.

Any info muchly appreciated.

Old 12-16-2007 | 07:55 PM
behindbars
Default RE: power adders

Welcome.

I have the edge and love it. Lots of people on here have it too. Haven't heard many complaints. I run mine on level 1 economy 90% of the time then level 2 towing. Pull about a 12k fifthwheel. Extra power is nice and monitor is great. Also has a cooldown timer and some sfety features. Must be where the extra money comes in cause I think the stryker is just a programer. No extra goodies.

Mileage wise it seemed to offset the drop encountered from ULSD. If I could keep my foot out of the floor.

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:23 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: power adders

welcome to DF...

Cant help on the striker 1 question but I have the TST powermax and it has an economy setting, currently have a mpg test going on with it and some of it's different settings. might be worth reading.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1037052/tm.htm

http://www.tstproducts.com/index.asp...D=135&HS=1

I think they sell an economy version of it... you'd have to poke around their website and see for sure.

Quick Reply: power adders