Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)

GIVE US A CLIP!!!!! but nice plowin!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Nick that plow setup that you've got ther is pretty badd azz. That blinky yellow light ion top is bright as hell. Is it a permanent mount, or some sort of rig job? Are you also slating as you plow?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:53 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ZmanTRX4

11 inches wow, we only got around 4" here but i'm the same as you I get paid everytime I plow regardless if it just covers the street up again. I wish I had the luxury of plowing in my CTD though, I do it on my skid loader and it was so cold. I thought I was gonna get frost bite. That's an awsome set up you got there though!
i did that one year for a company and i have to say i have seen my share of hard work, but driving that machine around all day brought on the most pains ive ever had! i was operating a foot pedal one vrs. the hand controls and my legs and back for some reason hurt for a week after the first run...... it must of been me not being use to a full day of operation but ill never forget it! props to you, ive felt the pain before[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Nick that plow setup that you've got ther is pretty badd azz. That blinky yellow light ion top is bright as hell. Is it a permanent mount, or some sort of rig job? Are you also slating as you plow?
thanks! i apsolutly love my set up, only down fall is its a long truck and i mostly see and hear of shorter trucks being better for the job. its bad on the truck from what i hear but i have an after market commercial warrenty for 6year/ 60k miles and it covers anything from bumper to bumper so when i had an oppertunity to get a good plow for a deal i jumped on it hoping if anything goes wrong it happens within that time frame. that light you see in honestly "one" of my favorite add ons to that truck i bought it in the summer for plowing this winter and i have had it on there ever since because i love the look. it is not a permanent mount, its got 4 magnets that hold tight to the roof and a cord i ran thru the door jams into my arm rest outlet. as far as the salt goes, next year i plan on buying a 2 yard dump insert for my truck so i can use it for side work in the summer time with concrete deal and put a spreader on it for salting in the winter but its a bit pricey and i wouldent make that money back right away so ill have to see if i can get a deal on a set up. i also would have to step up my suspension and i also planned on getting some "real" tires next summer as well so unless my lottery numbers come out well see what comes first and when

Old 12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Mayfair
Legend

The reason I asked about the spreader is my friend just bout one for his 2003. It set him back 800 smackeroos. I couldn't believe how expensive that thing is. He spent 800 bucks on a spreader hopeing that we get some snow this year and he'll have a chance to use it. I don't get guy's here. we don't get snow all winter like some places do. These guys spend tons on plow trucks just waiting for the big one.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i agree mayfair the only time i would get a plow is if i get a great deal or something.... otherwise i have a snowblower...

Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I just don't get it.
I know one guy who has 3 trucks with plows, salt spreaders, the whole 9 just sitting there waiting for snow all year long. They MAY be used 3 times a year. For what it costs to insure, maintian, register, inspect ect AND pay someone to DRIVE two of em I just don't see how he could ever come ahead. He was all pumped up about our "Storm of the Century" this weekend and bought a $hit load of salt and well ... you know how it turned out.

I just don't get it ...

Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, thats funny to hear about other gung hoe snow guys! i think the average times a year that guys gotta plow snow here is about 15 give or take a few and salting maybe double that. if you stay busy enough 15 snows can put alot of money in your pocket and if you are salting money just adds even faster. the salt set up i was thinking about getting out the door is about $5500 new but im hoping to find somthing used for half the price. i see it as go big or go home, alot of people have the little salters that hold bags of salt but i want to be able to drive to a supply yard and have a loader just dump a yard or 2 on my truck and call it a day! how much snow came in your "storm of the centry" mayfair?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
KenZ
Veteran

'ya say you didn't like the way your video turned out...It's suppose to storm big this weekend, if you come up north and plow me out I'll hold the video camera for you and give you a nice video to post! and I won't even charge 'ya...ha,ha,ha,ha.

I got about 9" last weekend, with about 14" total on the ground. Had to fill the box up with snow to drive up and down the road for a day or 2 (2wd truck) until the county came and plowed out the town. They say there budget is down so they will only plow 9-5 week days only unless its an emergency---I-75 and US 23 highways only. Wife has never seen BIG snow, so might take a ride between the holidays and go up to the U.P. Got an uncle that lives in the Keewenaw, if he doesn't come down for christmas, might go up to see him.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol ken! i like your angle there but i see where its going! how about this, you wait outside for me and ill cal you when im close

i have heard about a storm this weekend but i havent heard how big it will be so im hoping i can have another round if possible! so you say your wife has never seen snow, the UP would be the place to bring anyone to snow them snow.... we always get baffled about a few inchs where we are but the UP gets a few feet at a time! i hate the cold, and i hate the snow but this year with me plowing it turned more into something to look forword to because i get to use my toy and make money while doing so but the UP is a place i love to visit for its scenery and hunting, but i would have a hard time handing the snow in the winter....

Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti
how much snow came in your "storm of the centry" mayfair?
Not a flake

Quick Reply: put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)