Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

At what amount of miles would you stop looking at when buying a used CTD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:29 PM
chouseal
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: At what amount of miles would you stop looking at when buying a used CTD?

I meant to add... for me, it all came down to knowing a little of the truck's history. I knew first-hand what had and hadn't been done to it. He was good about fluid changes and so forth, not so good about washing/waxing. Not a big concern for me.

You can generally tell by looking a truck over if it's been well cared for. If it looked reasonably good, ran well, and the guy selling it looked trustworthy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another with similar mileage.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
SnoPro Dodge
Default RE: At what amount of miles would you stop looking at when buying a used CTD?

I agree with the others say. You can usually tell by the overall condition of the truck. I've seen trucks with 75,000 look like the owner hated it and was trying to destroy it. Trans is about the only "big" thing one needs to worry about. Might get one with a fresh trans! I just bought a '99 ctd for 11,900 with 188,000. One owner older guy.Great shape, well cared for. Well worth spending a little money on if something breaks. At leastthese ctd's hold their value well. Any gas truck with miles, you might as well send it to the junk, they ain't worth nothing when it comes selling time.Heres a picture of my new "love".

[IMG]local://upfiles/53816/6F709FC686BB4D7F8888AE415B7F3B56.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Joedodge63
Rookie

SnoPro, what kind of wheels are they?

Old 12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

I was looking at thisbad larry.

Only thing is, true mileage is unknown http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: At what amount of miles would you stop looking at when buying a used CTD?