Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transmission down shift problem Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Joedodge63
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission down shift problem Diesel

I just got a "name" brand performance autotrans in my truck complete with triple disc billet converter, new SFI approved flexplate to be safe.Drove great for the first 25 miles. Then I came to a stop light and when it down shifted into first gear, it hit hard and kinda pushed me forward. Sat there working fine while in gear, took off just like it should. Second light, the same thing only a bit harder down shift. Thought I would pop it into neutral at the third light... dropped it into drive to take off and Bam! And then it felt like something skipped. Then it was fine, shifted up nice and all. The hard down shift softened a bit before I got home but overdrive "off" light came on and it would not shift into overdrive. I was only 5 miles from the house when that happened, so I went slow. There was no over heating at all and when I shut the truck off and refired it, the over drive light was out. The total trip was just 52 miles.I made a call and checked the TV cable return spring at trans and it is still attached. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I figured due to the Christmas holiday, I have not heard back from the "approved installer". We all need time with family! But was really hoping to drive it to the in-laws up north Christmas eve.... it always gets nasty on that trip! (the weather) Thanks again and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!

Oh yeah, I got the pump tweeked a bit while they were "in there" 3KGS, and a #0 plate and a few magic finger mods, It is un real how much more truck I have now!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Joedodge63
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission down shift problem Diesel

Surely someone knows something.....Trans guys... where are ya's??

Quick Reply: Transmission down shift problem Diesel