Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Amsoil Nano filter technology wins this test.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Amsoil Nano filter technology wins this test.

Ahhhh I see now. I guess I don't need one since I have the Amsoil filter now? I don't even know what this new filter will look like. Anyone know? Is it just a square drop in like the stock filter or it is kinda like the AFE stock drop in filter, kinda cone shaped?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Dont know. waiting for you to post the pics and let me know if it is worth my money

Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I got a delivery conformation email saying expected delivery on Dec. 27 witch is today. So I'll get back to ya tonight hopefully with some pics.
By the way. I bought this from an Amsoil dealer and I also bought a few things from Geno's. I did this on Christmas day and Geno's is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. That is some damn fast shipping!!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those guys at Geno's dont mess around. . .Ive been to the warehouse a few times and gotten some free goodies

Old 12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
chouseal
Veteran

I'll also be replacing my NAPA 2790 with one of these filters. . .we'll see how much of a difference there is seeing as I am also redoing the intake.
Drew, I'm running the same filter as you (at least I think so, the number sounds familiar) and am considering replacing it with the AMSOIL. Let me know what you think.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Ok I got the Amsoil filter today. But I am confused, I thought this filter gives much more airflow and trapps more dust?
From what I see, it has 45 fins compared to the stock filter that has 85 fins. That seems to me like it only has half the surface area of the stock filter. It may trap finer particles of dust but I don't see how I will get any better air flow over stock.
I will not be putting this on the truck, I will keep shopping for a Hi-Flow drop in filter. Or am I missing something here? I really had the impression that this was a much better performing filter in both dust protection and air flow.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77867/E8526A2E27CA4E29938B73CD075E292E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77867/FCA42FB988F14B67B98366A9FCA535BF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77867/1717DC81DBF142258F1888D6FF95DE5D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/77867/2CF8939863E043F1B3C8E3ECF75C9154.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-27-2007, 09:04 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Just looking at something is no way to tell how it flows. Seat of the pants drop the nanoin there and see if your turbo spools upany better. Don't know if anyone other than amsoil has done some independant testing on flows but oil anaylsisdone by you for pretty cheapwill tell the story on what keeps dirt out best...

Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 PM
sallyman1
Captain

throw that filter away and make wills whistler. its homemade

Old 12-27-2007, 11:07 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Ok I got the Amsoil filter today. But I am confused, I thought this filter gives much more airflow and trapps more dust?
From what I see, it has 45 fins compared to the stock filter that has 85 fins. That seems to me like it only has half the surface area of the stock filter. It may trap finer particles of dust but I don't see how I will get any better air flow over stock.
I will not be putting this on the truck, I will keep shopping for a Hi-Flow drop in filter. Or am I missing something here? I really had the impression that this was a much better performing filter in both dust protection and air flow.

I got the same one from Amsoil... still using it, but didn't really notice much (any) difference. Once it gets dirty, I'll probably switch back to theFleetguard or Napa filter.From the Cummins store, the Fleetguard filter is about $14, the Napa Gold filter is about $23. The Napa Gold filter looks identicle to the Amsoil except it is yellow and they don't advertiseanything aboutit being nano technology.

I'm in the same boat, I am not impressed by the Amsoil drop-in filter. (But, I also am not a fan of oiled filter media.)

Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: solarwarp

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

I got the same one from Amsoil... still using it, but didn't really notice much (any) difference. Once it gets dirty, I'll probably switch back to theFleetguard or Napa filter.From the Cummins store, the Fleetguard filter is about $14, the Napa Gold filter is about $23. The Napa Gold filter looks identicle to the Amsoil except it is yellow and they don't advertiseanything aboutit being nano technology.

I'm in the same boat, I am not impressed by the Amsoil drop-in filter. (But, I also am not a fan of oiled filter media.)
Well I went ahead and put it on the truck. I am going to run the hell out of it tomorrow and see if it moves the filter minder. If it does, I am yanking it out and going with something else.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Nano filter technology wins this test.