Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got my first ticket in the Cummins today

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007 | 02:10 PM
energinerbuzzy
|
Banned
Default Got my first ticket in the Cummins today

So I'm driving down the road, minding my own bussiness, when I decided to mess with a buddy of mine from work who happened to be behind me. Was exiting off one highway and onto another one. When I got to the end of the ramp and saw the coast was clear, I PUNCHED IT, let the coal roll and got it up to around 100 before I started comeing up on slower traffic. I backed off and went with the flow for about a mile and in the rearview mirror, I could see this Ford f150 zipping thru traffic about a half mile back and doing at least 90 mph or more. I am thinking to my self "what an Idiot" and keep watching. He came up on me so fast I thought he was gonna plow into the back of the truck.
That was when I noticed this white F150 had black fenders "OH ****", and thats when the lights came on.

It was a Texas State Trooper, not just an ordanary Trooper but a DOT enforcment trooper. They focus on Commercial vehicles and Big Rigs. I guess he saw smoke and came runnin.
I don't know where the hell he came from either.

Anyway, he asked for license and insurance but I was having a hard time finding the insurance card. So he goes back to his truck , runs me and writes my ticket. I was thinking I may be going to jail if he clocked me at 100. But he came back to my truck and by that time I had found my insurance card. He looked at it and handed it back and then handed me the ticket to sign. As for me, I am nevous as a ***** in church, thinking He may jump all down my **** and maybe take me to jail. But instead he asked me where I got my front bumper and then was asking about the wheels and how was I able to run 35" tires. Turns out he has a Ram 2500 Hemi and tried 35" but didn't fit.

So here I am thinking that I am going to get out of this ticket because he likes the truck and we have a little repor going on here. I didn't even read the damn thing and just signed it then was on my way.
Turns out he gave me aWARNING for speeding 10% over the limit ( I know he didn't clock me now) but he gave me a ticket for NO INSURANCE? and no seat belt?
WTF what that all about? I had my seat belt on but took it off to get to the glove box while he was walking up on me. And I showed him the insurance card but I guess since he already had to ticket printed out, he said to hell with it.
At least I didn't get the damn speeding ticket, the others I can deal with and no harm done to my insurance premiums

What a ****ty Saturday this is so far[:@]

Old 12-29-2007 | 02:23 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Default RE: Got my first ticket in the Cummins today

I have gotten a ticket EVERYTIME I've been pulled over except once...the state trooper called me Sir...think he felt bad.

Have fun getting the no insurance cleared up

Old 12-29-2007 | 02:43 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

not sure about there, but here you can roll to the court house the next business day and show proof of insurance at the front counter. they copy it and send it to the judge for dismissal.

the no seat belt might be a bit harder to prove...I dont know.

next time tell them your water broke and you are in labor !!!

Old 12-29-2007 | 03:13 PM
sharx ram
Champion

They will drop it if you take proof into court with you that you had insurance at the time of the ticket.

Old 12-29-2007 | 04:32 PM
handymanherb
Banned

He gave you an out, your not suppose to have an insurance card with you ever, I got one and had to go down and show them ins card and pay 10 bucks, beats 100's for a speeding ticket.

So if you have a ins card in the truck, throw it away, it might save you big money

Old 12-29-2007 | 04:53 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Or you can do what I did one day run off and leave them sitting in the smoke, by the time he got up to me I was at normal speed and he said I ran off the fast for him to clock me.

He gave me **** for a while and checked my gun out while his Buddie sat in his car, cause he knew they didn't have nothing on me, ain't it lucky I didn't have a few drinks at the party for my niece, even the priest had a beer, but something told me not too.

So the DWI squad didn't do nothing but waste their time and I figured I spared someone else for a few minutes, besides I could have ate the cop up in court, he retired from another state and moved to Florida and didn't know Florida laws at all.

He finely figured out he wasn'tfooling me and I straighten him up on our CCW rules in Florida , shook his hand and said have a good night

Old 12-29-2007 | 05:00 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

never have gotten a ticket but have been pulled over a few times for stupid ****..only speeding once in Virginia, and well my X gf was with me and had huge ones and a fat cop didnt mind it coming to her side of the window so got away on that one

knock on wood....i dont need one anytime soon!

Old 12-29-2007 | 05:38 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

I have gotten a ticket EVERYTIME I've been pulled over except once...the state trooper called me Sir...think he felt bad.

Have fun getting the no insurance cleared up
The cops must have been gay... LOL

Old 12-29-2007 | 09:18 PM
gtxpooch
All Star

He gave you an out, your not suppose to have an insurance card with you ever,
Don't most states require proof of insurance in the vehicle?

Old 12-29-2007 | 09:34 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

Were you in Houston?Or were you in the country? The Magistrates out in the country will work with you. Just call them, they'll fax or mail you the forms to take care of everything.

In Texas we are supposed to have a insurance card... In San Antonio, if you don't have a insurance card, at the officer's discretion he canhave your car towed. (The tow truck companies love that ordinance.)

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket in the Cummins today