Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

08 for 32k

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 08 for 32k

LMAO!!!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

That is a sweet deal. Hmmm is it time for Diablo to grow two more legs?

sounds like someone is wanting some training wheels

Old 01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Watermelon but your a sales man...you could probably smooze the guy outta his shorts if you tried...I'm sure a lot of that prices is your mad talk'n skills

Did they talk to you about what they'd give you for your 04? That is where they nailed us on the 6.7; had a great prices on the Jeep & then low-balled us on the trade.

Either way good luck!!

(pssst Drew - Diablo can grow as many legs as Jimmy wants....he will still be driving a mini-van every day )

Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

Watermelon but your a sales man...you could probably smooze the guy outta his shorts if you tried...I'm sure a lot of that prices is your mad talk'n skills

Did they talk to you about what they'd give you for your 04? That is where they nailed us on the 6.7; had a great prices on the Jeep & then low-balled us on the trade.

Either way good luck!!

(pssst Drew - Diablo can grow as many legs as Jimmy wants....he will still be driving a mini-van every day )
Okay, I am calling dodge tomorrow to take Diablo in. The minivan is getting old. Hows that jeep holding up for ya Frog?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Jeep runs fine Jimmy...I'll take you and that mini-van (Heck bring the FJ) any day remember it's got a Hemi

Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
reed
Veteran

They are definitely offering some good deals, the only problem I see is that this has got to be driving down the value of our used trucks.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:45 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: reed

They are definitely offering some good deals, the only problem I see is that this has got to be driving down the value of our used trucks.
I don't think it's any worse that the last few years. I had been thinking of getting a Diesel for a few years and I kinda shopped around just to get an idea of what they were going for. I could have gotten just about the same deal on this truck every year for the last few years.
And at the same time, the same used truck with miles on it but almost new was always thousands more than I could get a new one for. I tried to buy a used 07' with around 8000 miles on it from the same dealer I bought this from and it was 38k and they wouldn't budge off that price. But I bought the brand new one with ZERO miles sitting right next to it for 32k.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Reed, If you have the 5.9 In your truck they are still in high demand even with high miles like mine......... Frogger, I would not even think of trading the 04, I would just sell it outright. The biggest thing drawing me on the 08 is the BRAKE and the 0%. If I had plenty of $$$ I would keep the ole grey mule and buy the 08 but that is a sweeeeet dream. I have been waiting for a deal like this for a while,since I use my truck for pretty much all business it is all tax deductable I would like to have the 4x4 even though the only use I would have for it is to Trash NickBeeks yard and the Kewlness factor weighs in heavy

Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

ORIGINAL: reed

I don't think it's any worse that the last few years. I had been thinking of getting a Diesel for a few years and I kinda shopped around just to get an idea of what they were going for. I could have gotten just about the same deal on this truck every year for the last few years.
And at the same time, the same used truck with miles on it but almost new was always thousands more than I could get a new one for. I tried to buy a used 07' with around 8000 miles on it from the same dealer I bought this from and it was 38k and they wouldn't budge off that price. But I bought the brand new one with ZERO miles sitting right next to it for 32k.
Thats Crazy!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Luongo#1

I think I'm kicking myself now for my buying my truck in canada. I paid $40k CAD for my '03 with 110,000 KMs (68,000 Mi) a month and a half ago. It did have the lift and wheels on it but still,I think I got taken.