Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Bad Day for Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Day for Jimmy

Jimmy had a terrible day at work today. Typically we have our assigned accounts to work today, we did not get them and then overtime opens up on Monday. Well there was a rumor that there will be a restriction on overtime until 21rst of the month. that basically cuts my income down by a little more then $1,000.00 monthly. I asked my supervisor and he somewhat confirmed it as the new AVP is a stupid pos that needs to get her head out of her ***. I told my boss that I will need him as a reference if this is true he said no problem and asked me to wait it out. I did not give notice yet but tomorrow I will be updating the old Resume and Monday will start looking for other employment. Wish me luck.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
livetokite
Veteran
Default RE: Bad Day for Jimmy

good luck!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 PM
finny
All Star

that sucks! good luck with the serching

Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 PM
QUACKSTACKER
Professional

looking for a job has to be the worst thing in the world. i hate it. good luck to ya!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I fell ya jimmy. My job we just got our dept hours cut back by 75 percent. most guys are down to 30 hrs a week or less. I was this close to buying a truck. I was in the market for a newer jeep rubicon 03-06 or a CTD 2nd gen 98-02 and was planning to spend about 20k and finance it 4 years. well with this hour cut that isn't gonna happen. I had it all planned out and had a few trucks and jeeps in mind but aint happening now.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Here is a update on my day. went to pick up my friend to go to costco. After picking him up in the minivan with my two sons, 4 and 6 years old and his 8 year old. we are driving and bam, the tire tread seperates. . I have a bad spare tire as I have been meaning to get a new set. so I call AAA and they tell me a hour tops. I am waiting call them for a update about a hour later. they say another 25-30 minutes. at this point I am frusterated and tell them to cancel the call. I am only 8 miles from the house so I drive it. lucky I have a tv in the minivan for the kids or I would have went out of my mind.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

Sorry about the bad day!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
reed
Veteran

Jimmy, if this doesn't crack you up and make you feel better, I don't know what will:

Diablo-Hold On

Requires Quicktime

Old 01-05-2008, 01:06 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Damn Reed, I was started looking for the glow sticks and was going to have a little rave in the office....

Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn Jimmy I'm really sorry to hear about the cut backs. Unfortunatly, this isn't the first time I've heard of it thoug. Sooo many people that I know now are either being screwed by the company they are currently working for, or unemployed and looking for work. Your best bet MAY be to just ride it out.

Best of luck to ya whatever you decide !!

Quick Reply: Bad Day for Jimmy