Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Picked up a new trailer !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picked up a new trailer !!

Maybe both rear tires mount on 1 rim? That would be COOL !!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:42 PM
dieselram
Captain

Mayfair,
Nice TT, I like the layout of yours better than ours. Seems more spacious. One little thing to remember: check and be aware of any leaks in it. The campers that have smooth sides have metal frames, but the campers with corrigated tin looking sides have wood frames which can rot if they get wet. Just something to keep an eye on over the years.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Mayfair, you have a Prowler 24LZ there. I used to have a 1998 same model. Your's looks to be a '99 or 2000. That was my first camper and I used it A LOT until '04 when I got my current rig. The air conditioner in there will make it like a freezer inside on the hottest days! The front window does have a tendency to leak when towing in the rain, and you might as well get a bunch of the little plastic things on the outside of the door that hole it open. I loved that rig, it is big enough for 4 adults and 4 kids and a 100 pound lab to sleep in (only did that once), but small enough to get into any campsite. Your gonna love that thing!

You and Riv and any one else c'mon down to SC, we start weekend camping again March 7th. There's a nice Army Corps of Engineers park near here on Lake Hartwell.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah Nic, it's a 99. I wasn't sure what size it was because it has some funky number next to the door. I thought it was a 24 footer though. It's funny that you mention that thing that holds the door open, it's already broken.

Thanks for the heads up on the front window. I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

Since you've had one, do you think a Pergo floor is the way to go? The carpet in the front bedroom is kinda shot if you ask me. I was gonna just pergo the whole thing.

The plastic trim that acts like some sort of caulk around the tub area and sink area is cracked in places. I was thinking about chipping it all out and just re-doing it with regular ole caulk. Sound good, or do you have any other suggestions?

Yeah, I'm reeeally looking forward to useing it. I can't wait !!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Mine had the vinyl floor everywhere. That worked good for me and was easy to keep up. If it were me and I needed a new floor I would do the vinyl again. That plastic between the tub all may also be holding the sink and tub in place, if you do decide to go with caulk it should be somethinng that will stay very flexible. Everything inside a camper is always moving around and expanding / contracting with heat and cold cycles. Have fun!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Little Foot
Veteran

nice trailer dude. I like the pergo option you have been thinking about.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
KenZ
Veteran

If you pull the carpet up, it will most likely have vinyl underneath. When they build them they lay the vinyl over the complete floor and add carpet wherever it calls for.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Mayfair
Legend

That's kinda what I am hopeing for since I was planning on just laying the Pergo down right on top of the vinyl. If nothing is under the carpet, I'll hafta find something ( like vinyl ) to make up for the difference in height between the plywood and the vinyl in the rest of the trailer.

Quick Reply: Picked up a new trailer !!