Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Quadzilla Max Mileage is in...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quadzilla Max Mileage is in...

ORIGINAL: 04QC4X4

I'll give it a review after I get some mileage information. I bet this is what everyone will be interested in.

I don't think it should make my overhead off by anymore than stock because it doesn't add any fueling or boost.
it will make the overhead off. I was reading on DTR and Dieselbombers that quadzilla stated that it will make the overhead off more than usual because of other things it does.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

I just filled up for the second time since getting the Max Mileage box. So far I haven't noticed any improvement in mileage. I'm still getting 14 mpg (half ciy half highway). I'm also using Drew's Brew as well, but I'm still getting the exact same mileage I was getting before I used either. I will say that the engine runs much better and smoother with the box and the Brew so I'm going to continue to use them. I'll keep you posted after a couple more tanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

thats weird, the box i had (xzt) gave me +1 in the city and around 2 on the freeway and you have the mileage plus box?!?!

it could be that your liking the extra power and your going a lil faster than normal

Old 01-26-2008, 06:58 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

I wish that was the case. I've been driving normally if not easier than normal just trying to see some mileage gains.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what connectors does it attach to???

Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 PM
al5608
Professional

I had a Max Mileage box on my truck 4 months ago. I took it off because my mileage went down. About 2mpg city/hiway driving. I was driving the truck the exact same way as before the install. The truck did run smoother though, absolutly no performance difference though. Icouldn't use the 90 day return policy because I didn't buy it directly from the manufactur.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

I just filled up for the second time since getting the Max Mileage box. So far I haven't noticed any improvement in mileage. I'm still getting 14 mpg (half ciy half highway). I'm also using Drew's Brew as well, but I'm still getting the exact same mileage I was getting before I used either. I will say that the engine runs much better and smoother with the box and the Brew so I'm going to continue to use them. I'll keep you posted after a couple more tanks.
after looking at your sig... put an aero 4040 where the cat used to be and you should gain at least 1 mpg. what is your intake setup like?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

after looking at your sig... put an aero 4040 where the cat used to be and you should gain at least 1 mpg. what is your intake setup like?
My intake is stock. I'm looking into getting the aero 4040. Should I leave the stock muffler along with the aero?

To answer Drew's question from a couple of replies ago: The box connect to the MAP sensor and the Fuel rail Pressure sensor (I think). It has the same connections as the power puck I was running before.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
bert0168
Professional

I had a Max Mileage box on my truck 4 months ago. I took it off because my mileage went down. About 2mpg city/highway driving. I was driving the truck the exact same way as before the install. The truck did run smoother though, absolutely no performance difference though. Icouldn't use the 90 day return policy because I didn't buy it directly from the manufacturer.

I just filled up for the second time since getting the Max Mileage box. So far I haven't noticed any improvement in mileage. I'm still getting 14 mpg (half city half highway). I'm also using Drew's Brew as well, but I'm still getting the exact same mileage I was getting before I used either. I will say that the engine runs much better and smoother with the box and the Brew so I'm going to continue to use them. I'll keep you posted after a couple more tanks.
I guess I am now thinking twice about the Max Mileage...........

Old 01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

I'm going to keep using it for while, but if it doesn't show any improvements I'm going to upgrade it to the XZT program (which can be done over the internet with the USB cable). That way at least I'll get some power gains.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Max Mileage is in...