Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

17 dollars to repair rear window

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
handymanherb
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 17 dollars to repair real window

If I had masked the inside off and sprayed it with flat black, would have looked like gloss, hid the silicone and matched the stock one.

Mayfair if I didn't use it for long things now and again, I was thinking of going flat glass, but sometimes you just need a few pieces of long lumber or what ever, not worth pulling the trailer,
we can get all the air we need from the back side windows, so I decided against a power rear slider.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
dasnake
Veteran

i don't use the power slider much around town, but when we are out on the highway we use it quite often because we are both smokers, and with thirty five gallons of fuel ya just don't stop that often, the rear slider vents everything out.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
reed
Veteran

I've picked up 16' 2x4's numerous times and needed the extra room the sliding rear gives you. I was very careful, but I knew it was risky. You can't get rid of that window, how else will you get to the cooler in the bed going down the road?

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Here's a 1/2 decent question ...

How many of you actually open or use the rear slider?

I think I've head my slider open MAYBE 3 times since I've owned my Ram. Once was just to see if it worked.

Do you think sliders are even necessary? Would going back to just a flat back window REALLY effect your day?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
savage.basher

I can barely reach mine while driving down the road... so only very seldom do I use it. If it were a power sliderI would prolly open it all the time.....

.... the only reasonI open it is soI can hear the burly exhaust better .

Quick Reply: 17 dollars to repair rear window