Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

hey mayfair!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
6inarow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey mayfair!

Did the oil pressure sender cure your gauge problem? I just towed in a 00 dodge today, cust said oil pressure dissapeared, he shut it off and restarted many time and no change, tonight i started it cold and instant oil pressure. Just curious if it helped. Thanks!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: hey mayfair!

Naah, it didn't budge.

Before it finally died, I had days when it would pop on, and then pop off. Sometimes it would work for a few days in a row. When it finally died though, there was just no reviving it. It's dead. I'm going to have to get in touch with Dave ( parts/service ) and have him send me one up. I might as well get that cam sensor too since that throws a code every once in a while as well.

I guess these are the little things that happen when you hit 130K. Out of the clear blue with absolutely no warning at all my rear bumper developed a rust spot almost overnight.

Weird ....

Old 01-15-2008, 01:36 AM
6inarow
Professional

ok, I am going to order one and install. See if it helps, until then i will put on a mechanical gauge until I have it verified for sure, let me know if it fixes yours. Thanks for the info! This one only has 81k on it, so It seems early for these probs, knock on wood mine has never faultered and i have 340k on mine.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Well I'm warning you now the sensor isn't cheap. Dave said they run about 200 smacks. I probably won't install it till it gets warmer though as it's a real PITA to get to.

Name:  ECM-OilSensor022.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  ECM-OilSensor024.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  40.2 KB

Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 AM
6inarow
Professional

looks like fun, might be easier from the bottom, I will have to put it up on the hoistand check it out, thats where im gonna install the temporary mechanical gauge tubing until the sender gets here, so I gotta mess with it twice! I wish my customers kept their engine bays that clean!! Thanks again!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, you may be right about it being easier from the bottom. I think when I get my new one I'm gonna look at it from there. If you get to yours before I do, let me know.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

6inarow, and Mayfair..

pm me with your truck specs. I just got a really good price quote for an oil presure sender from my guy here at Dodge.

shipping would be like $5..

I know the list and employee price for an oil presure sensor for Mayfairs truck (if its a 24v) .

Quick Reply: hey mayfair!