Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:53 AM
speakle
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Watch it parts/service, here you have to let the officer know that you have a gun or can lose your permit. YOu should have gotten his badge number and reported him.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 AM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: Parts/Service

I have a carry permit. I was pulled over by a city cop from a nearby town and showed him my permit and he freaked. He got me out with his gun drawn and I am like "WTF" and he was more scared than I was. I'm like " I just want you to know that there is a Ruger between the seat and console". He is like "why do you need to carry a weapon" and I said " uh, why do you carry one, duh because I can" Almost got shot by a cop just because I was exercising my rights. Now I don't mention the gun unless I am asked.....Why is it that cops think I am a criminal for packing heat. I went through the background/fingerprint check. But I am a criminal for exercising my rights...Go figure....
That the trouble here in Florida, the cops put in there 20 and then move here to put in the next 20 and don't know the the laws.

The last one here wanted to know why I didn't tell him, I said I'm not carrying right now it's in my bottom box and I don't have to tell you by law,second it's comes up on your computer which you ran as you were pulling me over.

We forget there gods and no one else is supposed to have guns is the way some think, thank God some of the older one's get it and the fact you went through the trouble to get the license.

Cops scare me more than anyone as they are taught to see bad in everything and everyone, and your guilty till they can't prove anything against you.

It pisses me off that now in Florida you have to have a CCW to carry a knife nowadays, I only person I ever cut with my knife has been me, but then I never considered a knife good for defense or for fighting

Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

My father still exercises his open carry right in Florida, he keeps his M-1 on top of the seat in clear view of the rear window in his ram, and on many occasions carries it on his back... We got stopped in a speed trap around the saw grass mills mall, the cop saw the gun and started freaking out asking if he had any other weapons and such.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: handymanherb
It pisses me off that now in Florida you have to have a CCW to carry a knife nowadays,
You DO ?!?!?

When did that appen ??

Old 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: handymanherb
It pisses me off that now in Florida you have to have a CCW to carry a knife nowadays,
You DO ?!?!?

When did that happen ??
Slowly over time, you can't carry nail clipers in a court house, but on the street now they can get you for carrying a concealed weapon, even a screw driver in your pocket nowadays since half of NY moved down here.

Seems there were not that nice in NY and liked to kill people for no good reason, that what happens when you import all that cheap labor, there's a big price to pay in the long run .

I get so tired of people saying I wish Orlando was like NY and now parts of it is, if NY is so great stay there and leave us alone, but no they got to move down here and mess up our world too.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

WOW!!!!! I definatly opened a can of worms. I just got back from taking a bunch of Boy Scouts out camping over the weekend so they could get their "zero hero" award. I read through the rest of the comments here and not to be a jerk but, I am offended by some of them.

For those that say I started it:
How am I the one that started tailgating the guy behind me?

I agree with you guys about driving in the right lane and using the left lane for passing, WHICH IS WHAT I WAS DOING.
Quote from my original post:
"On the highway I'm doing about 65 (speed limit is 65, the roads aren't in the greatest shape) and I'm in the left lane slowly gaining on another vehicle in the right lane doing 60." I guess I should have used the word "passing" instead of "gaining". Sorry, my bad choice of words.

For those that say I don't have the mind set and I'm "dumb as F***". did you miss this post?
Quote from me:
"WHOA....did I ever say I wanted to pull a gun and shoot the guy or even just pull the gun? NO. I guess I have never had a complete stranger step out of his car and try to confront me. I agree carrying a handgun is a HUGE responsibility."
I guess the title of my thread and me saying,"But, if I had a concealed carry permit I may have been a bit braver.", might have set a bad tone for some of you.

If or when I ever do feel that it is necessary for me to get a CCW, I will definatly get training. After all, isn't training there to teach people that are "dumb as f***" what they should and shouldn't do?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Just carry a hammer. You can open carry it, and it's just as effective as a knife any day.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Just carry a hammer. You can open carry it, and it's just as effective as a knife any day.

Thanks for making me laugh Mayfair I appreciate it!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
01blkdually

Thats why God invented signs that say slower traffic keep right. Not slower than the speed limit, but slower traffic.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
02cummins
Captain

i would have done, i think it would have consisted of pulling out the remington 870 express magnum 12 ga i carry in my truck that looks a little something like this...it hols 8 shots, and i carry brenneke rottweil slugs so im sure i woulda hit him atleast once right>?

[IMG]local://upfiles/63862/BD5ED53401914409B2B17667BCCA7FB8.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit