Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 AM
mastercaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

try this link....

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 AM
roadking096
Professional

Thanks. That was exactly what I wanted. As far as the CC debate goes, I have carried for years. Legally for the last 4. I would hand someone the keys to my rig and walk away. Possesions and pride are no excuse for the world of hurt you would be looking at if you pulled a weapon. It's just there if they give you no alternative.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:41 AM
UpBranchLiner

Thats a hell of a good point.

ORIGINAL: roadking096

Possesions and pride are no excuse for the world of hurt you would be looking at if you pulled a weapon. It's just there if they give you no alternative.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: roadking096
I am curious if anyone knows of a website that lists each states CCW laws andif other state's premits are honored. S&W used to have a link to one but I can't find it anymore. Since I'm over the road again, It would be interesting to see which states I'm not breaking the law in.
the old site, packing.org is down and out.
try this. http://www.handgunlaw.us/

click on a state to see what other states honors its permits

edit.. oops, i missed prev reply.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I think you did the right thing in going around him when he got out, but when he came flying up I would have just finished passing the van and got over. I hate when people drive the same speed in both lanes, so I make it a point to not do the same thing.Another optionyou could have used that would have given youa little satisfaction and given him his way too, just mash the throttle enough to jump 5 or 10 mph and the accompanying black cloud gives you your satisfaction and you get out of the way. Whether or not he sees the silver lining in you getting out of his way or just lets the cloud bug him is all up to him. Nevermind about the second option, I just remembered you said it was slippery, but most days that is also a good choice.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 PM
bbcrack
Rookie

these situations can be very tricky. i was n a downtown aj gators shooting pool wit a friend of mine and a grl, both of which had ridden up there with me and both of which are younger then me& imonly 17. 2 more grls my age were cumin up 2meet me& they call me reall excited & say "there are a bunch of guys outsidemessin withyour truck". well we were all planning 2 leave shortly after the 2grls arived so i told my friend 2 watch the grl&2 follow me @ a distance. i walk outside &cross the street 2find 3 large older guys standing n the parking lot. im not a big guy (6 foot 155) so i could hav been in for som trouble. all i had 2defend myself was a larger pocket knife&my pool stick. turns out they were just checkin out my truck. its important to just stay calm&avoid conflict

Old 01-19-2008, 11:10 PM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Nope you can have permits from any state that has a "non resident permit" but you do need to meet all the requirements. but i dont think you can have more than one driver license. But on the permit as many states as you are willing to submit your paperwork

Old 01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
i11m10c2
Veteran

The link i have is to PACKING.ORG very concise ,But on another note ccw/cwp does not apply for comercial vehicles then you are you arebraking a federal transporting weapons across state lines law know a couple of people in hot water over trucking and carying state to state

dont get me wrong if i was doingstate i would but feds say once you go comercial you lose your individual rights as a citizen when it comes to carrying firarms

Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a carry permit. I was pulled over by a city cop from a nearby town and showed him my permit and he freaked. He got me out with his gun drawn and I am like "WTF" and he was more scared than I was. I'm like " I just want you to know that there is a Ruger between the seat and console". He is like "why do you need to carry a weapon" and I said " uh, why do you carry one, duh because I can" Almost got shot by a cop just because I was exercising my rights. Now I don't mention the gun unless I am asked.....Why is it that cops think I am a criminal for packing heat. I went through the backgorund/fingerprint check. But I am a criminal for exercising my rights...Go figure....

Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 AM
mytowrig
Captain

yeah, i've heard of that happening, luckily not to me though... i have heard the other end to that too. here in TX i've heard several people get let go with warnings instead of a ticket just because the cop thinks you are a responsible citizen and they treat you with more respect...

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit