Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I think I may have messed UP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 AM
TX Well Logger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I may have messed UP!

I ordered me a Aero4040 and after reading a buch of posts I believe I should have went with the 4040XL. I had a 99 CTD with a straight pipe and the wife doesnt want my 07 to be as loud. I want to install it close to the downpipe for throttle respone and improved low in tourque. Guess I'll have to send it back and get the XL......

What do you alll think?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: I think I may have messed UP!

I've never heard them both side by side, so I can't really say. I went with the XL version. I will say though that I think you'd be bettter off mounting it back where the stock muffler was though. The only people who I've heard ever complain of a drone noise had it mounted up where the cat was. Aero also reccomends that you mounts it where the stock muffler was, possibly for the same reason.

If you are in the least bit nervous about the sound, re-order the Aero now with the resonator (XL). That way you'll be able to sleep at night knowing that you got the one you wanted. It'll only put you back a couple of days, but piece of mind is priceless.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
TX Well Logger

Called Aero yesterday and they said send the 40040 back and they would send the 4040XL for no price difference......I thought that was a pretty good deal since there is about $50 difference in the price.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
burban2002
Veteran

Good deal. We need a sound clip from before and after. Better yet, take a vid

Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I'm glas to hear that Aero hooked you up. It'll only set you back a few days ..... no biggie

Old 01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i think the most of the problem was you mounted it by the down pipe, i did that and the drone was CRAZY bad. the truck sounded like a rice burner, and it was a very unpleasent sound. but either way i am running the XL version and i have nothing but good things to say about it. i have not heard any others to compare to but i feel i got good bang for my buck! great to hear aero hooked you up!

Quick Reply: I think I may have messed UP!