Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

edge comp = drop im mpg???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
woligator
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edge comp = drop im mpg???

i lost 60 mile from my tank just by adding the edge comp and running it at the 1-1 settings
now i run it at off position hope it will be like before.... back at 340mile from a tank

Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
burban2002
Veteran
Default RE: edge comp = drop im mpg???

Woli, thats what happens when you mash that little peddle next to the brake. If you dont want the comp anymore, I'm more than happy to take it off your hands

Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how'd she run with it on

Old 01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
killer1562001

Mine did the same thing then I talked to someone and they said leave it on stage 5. So I did and I got better gas mileage then before. Hope it works for you. But remember your not going to get any better by dumping it all the time=)

Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, you've gotta mess with the settings a bit more Woli. I have the same Edge. I was in the process of going through the painfully long test of running each and every setting( level 2/1-2/3-2/4-2/5-3/1-3/2-3/3 ect ... ) to help me find which gave me the best fuel mileage. I've found that my best setting seems to be a main setting of level 2 with a sub setting of 4. With that setting, I get about 14.6 mpg. Unfortunately the winter mix set in and I had to stop my search, but so far 2/4 is best for me.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Check this out ...

Edge Comp Settings
From what I understand when your setting you power levels you got the main number (1-5) and the sub level (1-5). To set the sub-level press the power switch and hold for a few seconds and release. The LED bars will be flashing rapidly. Now you can adjust the sub-level.
Main number controls the maximum fuel rate and maximum timing advancement. This it the amount of total fuel at WOT that will be used. Higher the number the more fuel at WOT.

Main Level
Horse Power / Timing

The sub number is how quick it will get to maximum fuel rate and maximum timing advancement by boost pressure. Higher the number the less boost required to get to full fuel rate and timing advancement. This also might create black smoke during acceleration.

Sub Level
Fuel Rate / Timing

33% of Fuel is supplied until 20 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

50% of Fuel is supplied until 15 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

67% of Fuel is supplied until 10 PSI of Boost then 100% is supplied

adds less fuel than Sub-level 5

adds the most fuel at low boost
Recommended setting is 4x4. Reason being is that most of you every day driving on city streets and highways you will never be able to keep the boost above 10 PSI. Basically that means once the Edge falls in de-fuel mode you've lost you time advancement and any kind of fuel enhancement. Basically de-fuel mode is a de-fuel stock mode which you want to avoid. De-fuel mode was designed for people that have large turbo and/or large injectors and it gives them a way to control smoke till the turbo spools up.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

well Drew when im on 5-5 its damn hard not to floor it,damn i like that thing,and mind u i had it on a shelve since october :P
Buban:the fisrt tank i spended it to 5-5 all the time and floored it alot but i got 260mile out of my tank so i had to be more reasonable,its quite nice to not see all that black soot from the stacks
Mayfair:i just fulled my tank yesterday ill try the 2-4 as u suggested

Programmer+box+bigger turbo= holy ride of hell
Buuuuuuuuuuut:im now looking at a smarty and a way to reduce egt again,when im flooring it in 5-5 its yet much better than before the turbo change
but i can still get to 1400 unless i let the pedal go a little so sinceim looking for smarty i will need it quickly,i will change to head stud and a new gasket first than after maybe meth injection
or 2nd turbo for twin but not until the end of the year for that....
is oringing the head relly worth it?

Quick Reply: edge comp = drop im mpg???