Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Machinist Needed !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Machinist Needed !!

Way off topic but I figured what the hell.
My shop is looking for exp. Machinist on CNCLathes and Mills. Starting pay is based on Exp. currently paying up to $26 per hour for A+ Machinist.
We guarrantee 58 per week but the average is 64 hour per week. Saturdays are optional but encouraged. If anyone lives close to Houston, thinking of moveing here, or know anyone here that quallifies, PM me.
We also have a $500 referal if you send em my way!

Old 01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Machinist Needed !!

I think GRI is a machinist

Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Ben D.
Champion

too bad ur not anywhere near me. my old man is a machinist/ welder/ all sorts of metalwork experience. he's currently a welder and hasn't done machine work for a year or two but he always loved working with the CNC machines. personally i think it'd be pretty damn fun to do. plus you make pretty good money

Old 01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

I can use a good ol fashion lathe but not this CNC stuff, I got 4 years left on this contract anyhow...[&:]sorry

Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

I can use a good ol fashion lathe but not this CNC stuff, I got 4 years left on this contract anyhow...[&:]sorry
Well look me up if you ever think of moving this way. If you can show good aptitude and are exceptionaly mechanicly inclined, I can put you to work. It's not a bad carreer to be in. You could be making $70k in 4 or 5 years if your good. Exp. guys are making well in to the $100k range with overtime factored in and bonuses.
It's not the best paying job in the world but it's one of the best paying middle class carreers I can think of. And it's not hard work at all.
The industry has been hurting for a few years now and there is a massive shortage of quallified Machinist in this area. And the forcast is set to stay at this pace well into the next decade with no end in sight.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

buzzy, is it YOUR shop or do you work there?

It's too bad your so far away or I'd offer to do a night shift for you. I programmed, set up, and ran CNC lathes and mills for 10 years. Fixed and installed them for 2 before that. Now I sell carbide tools for a living (Iscar). Sometimes wish I could go back to producing instead.

Are you guys doing any work for Cat down there. A Cat plant relocated their machining operation from here to Houston a year or two ago.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Energizer, what shop do you work at? I'm in Houston by the way and have a family owned shop we specialize in Oilfield parts. Just bought our 2nd CNC (Mazak Integrex) and we're very excited.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

buzzy, is it YOUR shop or do you work there?

It's too bad your so far away or I'd offer to do a night shift for you. I programmed, set up, and ran CNC lathes and mills for 10 years. Fixed and installed them for 2 before that. Now I sell carbide tools for a living (Iscar). Sometimes wish I could go back to producing instead.

Are you guys doing any work for Cat down there. A Cat plant relocated their machining operation from here to Houston a year or two ago.
No it's not my shop, I just work here. I'm a Programmer/Supervisor aka go-to-guy..........lol
And we area job shop running products for the Oil Industry. I also order all the tooling, maybe you can hook me up with some deals?.............lol

Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: Diesel Man

Energizer, what shop do you work at? I'm in Houston by the way and have a family owned shop we specialize in Oilfield parts. Just bought our 2nd CNC (Mazak Integrex) and we're very excited.
Our shop is "Major Metals" aka "MM Sales". We are a small job shop in north Houston ( Hardy @ Beltway 8 area ) . Currently have 2 Daewoo Puma 400L Lathes, 1 Daewoo 400c Lathe, 1Daewoo 10s Lathe, 1 Daewoo 200 Lathe, and 1 Mori Seki SL7 Lathe. For the Mills we have a Daewoo "ACE", Kuraki, and Johnford all with Funuc controles in various flavors.
We do work for Schlumberger, NOV, Halliburton, Smith, Vetco, Weatherford, Enventure, ect.
You definatly know then, how hard it's been the last few years to find qualified Machinist. And when you do find them, it's hard to keep them!
Nice to meet you by the way, we'll have to get a Dodge CTD Houston area get together some time!!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Yea its very hard to find good guys/machinist. We have a 72" King and 52" Bullard and a couple more older lathesin good working condition, the funny thing is after about 2 years of depending on manual machinist our shop was not growing the way it should have so we decided to buy a Mazak FH6800 wich is apretty good size machine , thats when we saw a huge growth in capacity and $$. I guessthe guyscant slack off when running aCNC.

Quick Reply: Machinist Needed !!