Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??

I don't know crap about computers, so this whole FF thing sounds WAAAAY out in outer space for me !!

I've got nothing against Bill Gates. I wish I came up with something the world would use

I don't want to just start random downloading stuff. I want to keep my computer much like my head as empty as possible. I don't want to bog it down anymore than nessary.

I'm still scared ...

Is it true that I'll eventually hafta download it though?

Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Hey frog .... thought you might dig this one ...

Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

One more reason to us Fire Fox is that you can tell it to not download and install anything unlike IE and it will not do so unless you give the OK. Just like Windows update you tell it not to do some thing and its been known to do it anyway all on its own because Microsoft thinks its ok to do so anyway no matter what it may break. You might not mind IE/Windows Operating System phoning home to Bill but many people sure do. Even though I don't do any thing illegal I still don't like someone snooping on what I do or what web pages I go too. Anyway who made him King to think he can spy on what people do. My self I don’t like to support criminals like Bill Gates/Microsoft unless it’s unavoidable. I guess you can tell how much I love Bill Gates/Microsoft NOT!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Mayfair
Legend

PLEASE understand that I don't want to start a flame war, but I'm really curious as to why all of the hate for Gates? I honestly don't understand it at all.

Why no love?

Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Firefox (Mozilla) is a 10 year old application. (yes guys it's been that long already) it came out of the application Netscape.

The good and bad thing about it is that it is an open-source application. Which basically means that anyone with the time and skill can write 'add-ons' for it. So if there is something you would like to be able to do with your browser there is some wiz-bang that has probably thought it up and already done it. Then all you gotta do it run it. That is also a bad thing also; because any yahoo could be witting anything . (But that is what safe mode is for )

Is there anything to be scared of....no it is just software...there is just a learning curve to figure out the new gizmo's and gadgets. It is no big deal --- you'll be fine

The biggest reason I stand on a Firefox soap box is it more efficient. With the ad block tools you don't see any of the ads on this forum...so it loads a ton faster. Plus it already has been security enabled than IE does out of the box. So you get less pop ups...less ads....less spy ware. Thats the only reason I advertise it.

As for the 'will I really have to' question.....can you run windows 3.11 anymore??? Microsoft will stop supporting...releasing...recognizing...the application. Will it happen next week; no...but it is scheduled to happen. So Yes you will have to upgrade.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
burban2002
Veteran

X eleventy billion on the firefox. Mayfair, once you switch you will never go back. Once you come over to our side, firefox can upload all your bookmarks from IE so you wont lose anything either

Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

PLEASE understand that I don't want to start a flame war, but I'm really curious as to why all of the hate for Gates? I honestly don't understand it at all.

Why no love?
I've never really understood it either. I have no problem with him, I think he's a marketing genious to be able tobuild something the entire world uses. Just my opinion andplease take it as such.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
burban2002
Veteran

Well you gotta figure, anybody who has made that much money had to have stepped on the little guy and done some not so nice stuff

Old 01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
behindbars

The frog helped me to see the light as well. I only use Firefox now. The ad block blocks all of these google ads on the bottom, all the crap on the right margin, and the banners up top. Loads 100x faster now. My slow a$$ DSL at home loads these pages faster with Firefoxthan the T-1 line at work does with IE. The frog is the chick.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I think its wrong to steal ideas away from other people and then run them out of business. He and Microsoft have hurt a lot of people over the years and the most the government will do even though they have been convicted twice of being a monopoly is slap his hand, make him pay a fine and then let him do the same to more people. Heck have you ever noticed how many times they have been sued for using, taking, and stealing other people stuff? He has good lawyers who drag a law suite out to bleed them of money and if one gets to court and he thinks he will lose he pays them off.

Quick Reply: Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??