Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tax Rebates announced!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tax Rebates announced!!

*sigh*. . .income redistribution at its finest. . .thanks a farking lot washing-8-ton-gorilla.

do I like it that I'll get $1600. . .sure. . .that's money going straight into savings, college funds, and other investments. but what did 'I' have to pay to Uncle Sam in order for the drunk bum sitting ontheir couch complaining about britteny being preagnant 'AGAIN' to deserve any money in return when all they collect is welfare and food stamps, which is used for Colt 45 and Acapulco
Gold.

I think the flu meds I'm taking are making me halucinate right now. . .I gotta go chace a pinkdonkeyrideing a purple elephant.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Methos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck drew, that elephant is quick... I think I was chasing him during the pain meds from my wisdom teeth extractions

Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
DwRam
Professional

If it's like the last time they sent us back 'our' money. You'll have to claim it as income on your 2008 return and pay taxes on it.[:@]

Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Drew
I think the flu meds I'm taking are making me halucinate right now. . .I gotta go chace a pinkdonkeyrideing a purple elephant.

Feeling better now ??

Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear I was talking to cucumbers when I blew my knee out 11 years ago. . .I'm not 100% on this but I think I was on straight morphene drip.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Drew

I swear I was talking to cucumbers

Old 01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Let’s see being she made less money this year, my pension was not taxed so with deductions we had about $6800 of taxable income this year. I think she said our refund will be around $479. Yes sir that’s a big refund, not!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: DBLR

Let’s see being she made less money this year, my pension was not taxed so with deductions we had about $6800 of taxable income this year. I think she said our refund will be around $479. Yes sir that’s a big refund, not!
Wow , that sucks!! Hope she is better now. And yes then you would be correct about the $300.
I hope you have a better year in 2008, I've been down that road before and we lost owr house to forclosure 4 years ago.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Well the Dr's say shes better but I trust them about as far as I can throw one. Trying to refinance the house right now but with the housing market like it is its not an easy task with so many people defaulting on loans. That and we have only had the house 2 months shy of 2 years[:@] But if they go for it it will save us $171.00 a month and that will almost pay the house insurance and taxes each month.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: DBLR

Well the Dr's say shes better but I trust them about as far as I can throw one. Trying to refinance the house right now but with the housing market like it is its not an easy task with so many people defaulting on loans. That and we have only had the house 2 months shy of 2 years[:@] But if they go for it it will save us $171.00 a month and that will almost pay the house insurance and taxes each month.
Be carefull with that. I did that back when rates dropped before we lost the house. I thought I would be saving money also. But when you figure in how much it will actually cost you in closing and misc. fees to refinance, you can actually be paying much more.
If you plan on keeping the house for the long run you'll be ok but lets say you stay there another five years and decide to move up to a bigger house or just have to move period. And lets say it cost you $5000 total with closing, surveys, title insurance, ect,ect . Over 5 years that will cost you around $85 per month and alot more if they let you roll it into the loan. So you could easily wind up doing all the work for nothing if you move in 5 to 8 years.
In my case, I paid all the closing cost in cash and lost the house a year later. So I really screwed my self.
Just do your research first. And sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching, I know nothing about you but everyone can use info like this, wheather you already know it or not, I'm just lending a helping hand.

Quick Reply: Tax Rebates announced!!