Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anodized badges????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anodized badges????

Or just re-paint the whole truck with that new photocunductive paint. Suposedly you'll be able to change colors via electrical current with a switch on the dash.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Or just re-paint the whole truck with that new photocunductive paint. Suposedly you'll be able to change colors via electrical current with a switch on the dash.

they really have something like this???

Old 01-24-2008, 06:26 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

they really have something like this???
Not that I know of, I was just jackin with ya
It would be bad *** though huh?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

hell yea that would be sweet!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Hauler6
Rookie

I think you if you took the time to prep the badges good you wont have a problem. I've used the paint before and it looks really good, but on plastic, I guess as well as any other thing, its all in the prep work.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
websterdan

I think it'd look alright. If it sticks once for a couple of months, clean it off and redo it (till you run out of paint) then do something else.
OH, They do have a color changing paint. I saw it on a car show this winter.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Luongo#1

They had that colour changing paint at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. I thinkthe colourdepended on how much current you ran throughthe paint. But I rememberthem saying it costsan insane amount of money toapply it.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:59 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

yea the color changing paint sounds crazy and all but just by hearing what it does i know it does not come out of an 8$ paint can

i think im going to do it, the only problom i can see here is the modivation to do it being that its been in the teens here temperature wise and going outside to pull badges off is not my idea of a fun thing to do right now!

i will buy the paint, im sure i can find it at a home depot or lowes and when i do get around to it which i hope it will be sooner than later (because i hate to put things off, and for the simple fact is i have nothing to do these days) i will do it and post good pictures. even if it chips off i will then know how to apply it better or ill know just to leave it the way it was and remove all the paint. all in all i think its going to be a SWEET minior cheap mod that will set my truck apart from the dude next to me[sm=shades.gif]

stay tuned....[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

well i went out today and bought the paint. i found it at auto zone for 5.99 but i bought a ground base paint for it to give it more glitter and that was 5.99 also. also has some clear coat laying around so i threw that on. they are painted and i still have to get the glue off my truck and put them back on. we had a high of 43 today with a full day of rain, so i dident want to finish it but tomorrows forcast is 1-2 inchs of snow and a high of 18 (michigan weather at its best) so who knows when ill get around to getting them on the truck.

all in all color wise i was looking for a diffrent look, the anodized look dident really come thru[>:] i think it looks more of a metallic but its alot darker than the silver on my truck so i think when they are on they will look SWEET.

Name:  ebay046.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  26.5 KB
Name:  ebay045.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  48.3 KB

Quick Reply: Anodized badges????