Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

intake desion - help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 PM
dieselholik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking on

I have the cheaper one and it mounts with 2 bolts on the bottom and one bolt going into the front by the radiator vibration is not a problem as long as you have all 3 bolts in. I have had it on for about 5K works well for me I live in AK and drive down dusty roads alot. Just keep it clean as with any other filter. I also have the BHAF the only diff is the turbo whistle due to the smooth pipe and lack of torque tube.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

May be a stupid question but what is aBHAF? I have never heard of it
BHAF = Big Honkin' Air Filter. Do a search for it, I know there's some pics of Drew's. .

im leaning more towrds the cheaper one but i need your guys help on picking one
I say buy both, try them each out and sell me the one you don't want for half price. Sound good?

Me personally, the cheaper one. I willing to bet you wouldn't notice the difference in air flow with the mods you haveand the cheaper one traps dirt a hair better. oh...and it's cheaper.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

I installed the 1st on pictured on my 06.

The 4 screw's that hold the tube to the box were not quite lined up. They have a metal sleeve that the screws bit into and one of them was set in at an angle...just a PITA to get the screw to bite.

The silicon grommet that goes in-between the two pieces of hard tubing on the intake didn't have enough of a lip to hold the clamps. It just didn't fell like it clamped down tight enough with out slipping off. It holds just fine it just felt like it could and should clamp down a bit tighter.

The cover doesn't seal. Air and water can and does get in through it with no problems.

Now with all that said. I still like my S & B very much. My turbo spools better. My exhaust sounds better. I think they put a ton of R & D into it and made a good product ..... I just wish they had held up the manufacturing once they got big.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:56 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

well i ordered the cheaper one after selling my powerpuck on ebay tonight.... hope she gives me a good run for my money

Quick Reply: intake desion - help me out!