Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

i love it

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
roadking096
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i love it

ORIGINAL: 02cummins

yea its herculiner, for the bed, and im gonna do my bumper soon i think, but i might be replacing the bumnper so im not sure yet. and keep the sport th way it is, they look better painted the same color as the rest of the truck
I have a little rust that is coming around the door bottoms and am looking to cover this. The truck came with mirrored stainless cladding on the sides and wheel lips that I hate. Maybe I could get colored bed liner sprayed after I fix the rust.

Be careful what else you add to the exterior of your truck. I think it looks Perfect now. Any more might be heading toward overkill in my opinion. Spend your money under the hood.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
02cummins
Captain

well looks wise its almost complete, i am def going to get road armor or similar bumpers, they are just so freakin bad ***! but very very $$$$$$$ so who knows, i need steps but im getting the rockbar steps, that are very ight up against the rocker panels. im debating the moon visor, they look great on these trucks but maybe not goin on mine. concidering the back rack, and want a hood but im not sure, i dont wanna ov er do it, i agree. we will have to see. under the hood is a diff story, all my money would have went to turbo, injectors, headstuds, hot rod vp44 etc...but i have the ****ty automatic tranny, so i did the looks first of the truck. im pretty happy with the power of it now, its just a sweet ride, but im a muscle head obviously things will change for it under the hood, just low on money and i reall really wanna learn how to play drums, so i think the next batch of money i get is twords a drum set, or an electronic drum set since i live in an apt

Old 02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

How is that herculiner holding up? I sprayed my bed with it about the same time you did your rockers. I've already hauled a refridgerator, 2 loads of fire wood and 2 loads of saw dust in mine and you can't even see a scratch in it. My rockers look like they have been sand blasted with pea gravel and I was thining about the herculiner.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Damn Bob you've really put that stuff to the test huh? I can't imagine it not working well on the rockers since you've already tested it out on the bed. I really like this mod. It not only functions well, but it looks pretty damn good to.

Does it come in any color other than black?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
02cummins
Captain

no i think just black buddy, but you can get other brands im sure come in other colors, if not the spray in kind from the stores can come in dif colors

Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 AM
chouseal
Veteran

Bob, so you sprayed your Herculiner on? I thought it was just a roll-on deal. I'm really considering doing it, since my bed shows a LOT of wear and tear at this point. I have a thick rubber mat, which I like, but it's time for some complete bed protection.

02Cummins, is your bed lined with it too, or just the rocker panels?

I stopped by the local Line-X dealer the other day, but they want ~$560 to do it (bed plus over the rail). Not an option!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Does that 560 include the rockers?

I agree that 560 is a lot of moolah, however keep in mind that there is a TON of prep work involved.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
chouseal
Veteran

Nope... the $560 includes all prep work, plus spraying the entire bed (long bed in my case) and up and over the bed rail caps. No rockers or anything else.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
02cummins
Captain

lled mine on and yes its in my bed also...just grab a da sander and hit it real quick...and itll be good u only have to take off the clear coat, and not even that just make it "not smooth" haha i went through 1gallon and 1 quart, i would recommend 2 gals for you if your doin rockers and bed. i need one more coat in my bed

Quick Reply: i love it