Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

i got screwed with...idk what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
burban2002
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i got screwed with...idk what to do?

Did you talk to the guy yet? I would see what he has t o say about it.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM
bballmac42
Rookie

he is convieniently not answering his phone. Im interested in seeing what he has to say myself. Im getting a more detailed description of whats wrong. Somehow where the steering box mounts to the frame, the bolts pulled through or something... on the inside of the frame, its cracked and like pushed out. So to try and cover this...the genius slapped a piece of plate steel on the outside of the frame and ran thebolts through the frame to mount the box. The box can be wobbled with your hands, which probably explains the shi**y steering. not even sure how its possible to do this...whatd he jump it? uuuuugh

Old 02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
burban2002
Veteran

hmm that is wierd. That is common on some older chevy trucks, but I havent heard anything like that happening to the newer trucks. Is it lifted with really big tires? Is the frame near the steering box boxed? If it is you could weld up a piece of steel on both sides of the frame. Just be sure to fish mouth it in (the piece of metal will look like this on the ends > &lt I dont see how that could cost a grand. Do you or a buddy have a welder?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Scott91370
Professional

The frame is cracked near the steering box? If it's in front of the box I doubt it will cause any issues, but I'm sure a good welder could get it fixed up for you without any trouble.

Take a couple pics, I'd like to see it.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
bballmac42
Rookie

ill try and get some pics of it when i get the chance. The reason it would cost so much is that i have a welder and know how to weld....but theres only so much i trust myself with over other people, and when it comes to the structure of a 9000 pound truck id rather have a professional do it. I think you guys are right....it should be alright, but still dont like to be lied to

Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Someone here was selling a wrecked Ram last week. I don't remember who it was, but perhaps the piece that you need is OK on his.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
bballmac42
Rookie

yea...but the only problem is that the "piece" thats bad on mine is the frame. lol wont do me much good

Old 02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made very very sure to ask this man NUMEROUS times if that was ALL the issues it had with it. He told me on the phone and to my face that that was the only real issue with it. If there was some way i could nail this guy for what he did, i would love too
Take as many pics as you can and take his *** to small claims court. Make notes as to what both of you said. Document everything!! If you can articulate to the judge that he screwed you, you might have a chance. JMHO

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Mayfairisafunnymfer
Rookie

Dude any news yet?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
speakle
All Star

I saw a situation like this on Judge Judy the other day but it involved a boat. The guy who bought it was douche and it was fine when he bought it so he didnt get anything. It is certainly worth a shot but it could easily go either way.

Quick Reply: i got screwed with...idk what to do?