Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Sorry guys...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
BTCRUZ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sorry guys...

To the non racists on this forum I apologize, but to the rest that are clearly racist I do not. Let the record be clear. My initial response was not racist in any way. My reply to "blowing smoke" said "Let me get this straight, someone broke down and inconvenienced you a little, so you blew smoke in his window". Nothing racist in that at all. No mention of race, color or creed. I expressed my distate for an action I fealt was juvenile. Are we not allowed to express an opinion here?

It was then that an extremely disparaging tirade was posted full of racist hate and I responded in kind. I have received PM's that becuase it contained the terms "illegal immigrants" it is apparently OK. No, it is not (and to be clear, again, since opinions are supposed to be ok, it is not OK).

It is clear there is an underlying tolerance for such hatred by a few in this forum. The only thing I am guilty of is responding at that level (I am human too). His intent was clear.

I'm a 3rd generation Mexican-American. Actually, I'm an American with Mexican heritage just as most of you are Americans with Anglo-Saxon heritage. Some seem to think they have a God given right to belittle anyone not of that particular background.

Of course it is a sensitive topic for me considering my heritage.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
burban2002
Veteran

My solution is that we blow smoke at all the groups, creeds and colors of people equally

Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: burban2002

My solution is that we blow smoke at all the groups, creeds and colors of people equally
I will get started on that today

Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: BTCRUZ

To the non racists on this forum I apologize, but to the rest that are clearly racist I do not. Let the record be clear. My initial response was not racist in any way. My reply to "blowing smoke" said "Let me get this straight, someone broke down and inconvenienced you a little, so you blew smoke in his window". Nothing racist in that at all. No mention of race, color or creed. I expressed my distate for an action I fealt was juvenile. Are we not allowed to express an opinion here?

It was then that an extremely disparaging tirade was posted full of racist hate and I responded in kind. I have received PM's that becuase it contained the terms "illegal immigrants" it is apparently OK. No, it is not (and to be clear, again, since opinions are supposed to be ok, it is not OK).

It is clear there is an underlying tolerance for such hatred by a few in this forum. The only thing I am guilty of is responding at that level (I am human too). His intent was clear.

I'm a 3rd generation Mexican-American. Actually, I'm an American with Mexican heritage just as most of you are Americans with Anglo-Saxon heritage. Some seem to think they have a God given right to belittle anyone not of that particular background.

Of course it is a sensitive topic for me considering my heritage.

There is ZERO things wrong with saying you have a problem with illegal immigrants. There isZERO things wrong with stating obvious facts about illegal immigrants. Most illegal immigrants do not have drivers licenses, insurance, or even legally licensed/plated vehicles....

However, the only thing with his response to your first post that could even be "considered" racist is the fact he referred to illegals as pieces of sh*t for living for free off our hard earned tax dollars.....

While his comment may have been rude, even offensive, it was not racist.....

And you seem to think that your opinion is the only one that is correct.....

Old 02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

So where is his proof that the person broken down on the side of the road was in fact an illegal immigrant? Of course there is none, he ASSUMED. Just as many here have assumed many things.

As for opinions, that's exactly how they work, that's why they are opinions because you think it is right.

Tell ya what, since chest beating, look at me mentality seems to mean something to you people and your "social status", consider this:

I am a verteran of combat tours in Desert Storm and many more combat tours in Iraq. I served my country for 24 years and I am honorably retired. I have 3 college degrees, and all of it, including my retirement pension is paid for by your precious tax dollars. I am not out in the world blowing smoke in anyone's window like some juvenile...especially at age 41!! I am not out slamming whitey America because I can beat on them or do any such thing, but I damn sure will stand up to punks like buzzer or anyone else that wants denegrate anyone (regardless of race or creed). Claiming illegal immigrants is not an excuse to treat people that way.

You want to preach rules and respect and having an image for your forum, then practice what you preach. At least you somewhat admit that buzzer was somewhat wrong. Unfortunately you stop there. Unfortunately even his apology has to be laced with provocation and insult. Of course he and the others are all patting each other on the back with their "awwww shucks buddy, it's ok", of course!!

One thing is for sure, I am more of a man and an American than any of these twits that want to run off at the mouth and then hide behind their local good old boy network of friends. That's ok though, I've done my time for my country just so you people can sit there and express the racist mentality that you do. After all, it is America and freedom of speech and all that right?

Go ahead, delete my damned account, I don't care. It's plainly clear where you people stand.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:10 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

wow...this is seriously still going on.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:25 PM
websterdan

BTCRUZ is Correct, if it was a sexy white girl broke down on the side of the road, would he have blown smoke on her??? Thank not!
Just because they or he appeared to be Hispanic doesn't mean they were ILLEGAL. Like him, I spent 20+ years in the military to defend free speach. However there's a difference between free speech and what was presummed

Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

It's ok Websterdan, my account won't be around much longer because it will be deleted for having an opinion.

I like how everything can be smoothed over under the guise of "illegal immigrant". If anyone wants to discuss illegal immigrants then perhaps we should go back in history when the white anglo-saxons invaded the country and took it from the Indians.

However the issue here is not one of Mexican or even illegal. It is everything about perception, perspective and respect for others that have those things that differ from their own. Sure, I said some things that I should not have (and as directed I apologized for them), but I was provoked, and I was provoked by the supposed apology and I am still provoked.

It's ok to have an opinion as long as it fits in with the opinion of certain people here, but have one that is different and you will be lambasted for it. Certain people here are free with their opinions but woe unto you who post a differing view.

I wonder what the reaction would have been had someone from say, Germany posted about Americans in their country and inferred a lot of hateful things, etc on them? I'm quite sure the majority of the forum would have gone out of their minds.

I am told there is nothing wrong with talking about illegal immigrants, so then fine, let's talk about it. Let's talk about the laws of this country and the means to do somehting about it. No one ever asked what my thoughts on that subject were, but I to believe illegal immigration is wrong, that anyone coming into the country illegally should be sent back. At the same time though, I do not think that gives me the right to treat anyone like dirt.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Horseman
Rookie

Pretty interesting reading, but isn't this a CTD forum???

Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Mayfair
Legend

JR, PROPS to you for taking the high road here and being a man. Sounds to me you are more like a SENIOR Mechanic rather than a JR.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys...