Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diablo Sport Predator extreme setting

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Sport Predator extreme setting

Well I have been itching to run the Diablo sport on Extreme and wanted to see if I can get better mileage that way. Turns out two things, I put my foot in it a lot more, saw a lot more smoke and got worst mileage. I am going to try two mode next and see.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 AM
SpLaT
Captain
Default RE: Diablo Sport Predator extreme setting

In my best "Rainman" voice.... yeah... smoke way too much smoke... yeah smoke!
Some guys are reporting better mileage on extreme, while others claim better on tow mode, while most see the best on economy/performance. I have just been testing out "tow" mode, so far mileage isabout the same as ecno/perf. with tranny temps running higher on tow the ecno/perf? Can't figure that out!? Although boost runs lower as well as theEGTs a little lower on tow. Thinking of looking at the new Quad addrenaline which, ought to be out soon, still beta testing. So far it looks very promising.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I saw my best mileage on performance/economy. but the MPG increase wasnt that great. the more black smoke the more fuel that is getting wasted. I saw twice the mileage with any of thw quad boxes I've ran.
but the predator definitly made the most power and smoke

Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I love the power this thing has. and I am not going to cry over a couple miles per gallon, Ido have a big truck and did not buy the truck as a economy car. I have the mini van for that. I am just testing the difference and noticed it is a big difference. I have ran it on performace/economy setting since I have had it and it has great power and decent mileage. maybe when I stack it with the power puck it will help mileage[sm=confused06.gif]... Or maybe just a crapload more power. either way it is bound to happen.

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Predator extreme setting