Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Selling a CTD

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:45 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Selling a CTD

Why are you selling it? You can try your local TV station that has online classifieds, but I feel the above posters are right, why buy used when new isn't that much more. JMHO, Good luck.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 AM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Selling a CTD

[/quote]

Here's how you get around that check on craigslist to post in different cities...just prepare yourself for the amount of spam you get from craigslist.

I'lluse pittsburgh,pa as this example cuz thats where I'm from. Post your ad in your city. I'd create my pittsburgh,pa ad with all info pics and whatnot.

Once the pittsburgh ad is posted on craigslist. Copyyour Pittsburgh ad linkand go tocleveland,ohio and create another for sale post.Pasteyour pittsburgh ad link into the body of themsg and adsomething like 'Great deal close to cleveland' and thats it. THen thetitle can be the same as your pittsburgh ad, and you can post same picsin cleveland ad.You'll be able to post in cleveland now.

You can keep posting the link to the pittsburgh ad in every City around you, just change what your writing in the ad along with the link.

Craigslist looks for key words in the body of messages, links are not caught by craigslist I've found out. Just put the link back to your original ad, and a short sentence that changes with each city and you can post different cities till your fingers hurt

[/quote]

Thanks man that worked great. I added a couple more cities this morning.

As far as the buy new goes. I am aware that there are some great deals out there to be had on new trucks. I am starting the price negotiating at $32,495. KBB lists the private party value of the truck at $33,380. I dont believe this starting price is out of line, especially with the extras that you cant include on KBB for pricing (B&W, line-x). Again this is a starting point just as MSRP is for a dealer!!

Everyone has a story of the deal they got on a truck. For example I got 13k off of sticker, ok did you trade in? If so did you get wholesale for your trade? If you didn't trade was it a left over model year on the lot, or a demo? What I am getting at is there are a lot of variables when comparing vehicle pricing.

Thanks,
Stephen

Quick Reply: Selling a CTD