Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Selling a CTD

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 AM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling a CTD

Anyone had any luck selling a CTD on Autotrader, ebay, craigslist. I have tried all of these with no luck not even a legitimate phone call. Tried ebay first and the highest offer was wholesale value. I can't figure out what it is. I have the price listed at $1000 less than blue book private party value. Maybe its the economy?????

Stephen

Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: Selling a CTD

It probably has more to do with the dealers than the economy, I posted a few weeks back that a locoal dealer offered a 08 3500 quad dually 4x4 to me for 32k. Them doing deals like that makes it hard for us to resale a nice low mileage truck at a fair price, Somebody will come along that want's the 5.9 that you have instead of the new 6.7. Good Luck Man.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

i bough beasty via ebay but never sold a car there

Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie

I have sold 1 car before on ebay and it was a piece of cake. Got over what I thought I would get. It was a 2000 VW Golf with a Frybrid waste vegetable oil kit on it. Maybe with that one I just found the right buyer the first time. I guess I just need to be patient.

Stephen

Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I've had luck on craigslist. Post it on various city's. It's free .. why not?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie

I have tried to post it on different cities. So far I have it on 2 somehow. Craigslist has checks in place that prevent people from posting the same post in different cities.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
brunner

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would have to say the cost of newis keeping people from looking at yours. If I was in the market for a pickup (which I am) I would have to bring the cost of a new one into the equation. I can pickup a new 1 ton extended cab (not a mega) for the price you are selling yours at. Am I wrong to make the comparision; maybe, maybe not. But I can also pickup a new mega cab for around $35. Once I get yours home I would have atleast $33 into it. But yours has 28000 miles on it. so the 28000 miles only saves me about2 grand. I can't really justify that. If I buy an extended warranty for yours it would cost me in the neighborhood of $2-$3 thousand, so I'm right back at the price of new. Just my redneck way of looking at it.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
2008cummings
Professional

why buy used when you can buy new? I paid 13k below sticker on my new truck. fully loaded 2500 Laramie was 37k
SLT for 32k....

Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM
TRUSSMAN07
Rookie

ORIGINAL: brunner

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would have to say the cost of newis keeping people from looking at yours. If I was in the market for a pickup (which I am) I would have to bring the cost of a new one into the equation. I can pickup a new 1 ton extended cab (not a mega) for the price you are selling yours at. Am I wrong to make the comparision; maybe, maybe not. But I can also pickup a new mega cab for around $35. Once I get yours home I would have atleast $33 into it. But yours has 28000 miles on it. so the 28000 miles only saves me about2 grand. I can't really justify that. If I buy an extended warranty for yours it would cost me in the neighborhood of $2-$3 thousand, so I'm right back at the price of new. Just my redneck way of looking at it.
Thanks for the input brunner. The price I have listed is a starting point for negotiating. I don't expect to get that for the truck, however when I buy a vehicle I like to be able to say I got him to come down this much off of his asking price. I think its a sense of pride thing, or maybe some justification for spending that much money. I don't think it would be smart to list a vehicle at your bottom dollar price and expect not to have people try to negotiate you down even further.

I too have found mega cabs for 35k, however they have almost no options on them at all and a manual transmission.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:19 PM
irocgsxr

ORIGINAL: TRUSSMAN07

I have tried to post it on different cities. So far I have it on 2 somehow. Craigslist has checks in place that prevent people from posting the same post in different cities.

Here's how you get around that check on craigslist to post in different cities...just prepare yourself for the amount of spam you get from craigslist.

I'lluse pittsburgh,pa as this example cuz thats where I'm from. Post your ad in your city. I'd create my pittsburgh,pa ad with all info pics and whatnot.

Once the pittsburgh ad is posted on craigslist. Copyyour Pittsburgh ad linkand go tocleveland,ohio and create another for sale post.Pasteyour pittsburgh ad link into the body of themsg and adsomething like 'Great deal close to cleveland' and thats it. THen thetitle can be the same as your pittsburgh ad, and you can post same picsin cleveland ad.You'll be able to post in cleveland now.

You can keep posting the link to the pittsburgh ad in every City around you, just change what your writing in the ad along with the link.

Craigslist looks for key words in the body of messages, links are not caught by craigslist I've found out. Just put the link back to your original ad, and a short sentence that changes with each city and you can post different cities till your fingers hurt

Quick Reply: Selling a CTD