Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

air filter gauge thingy

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
dieselram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: air filter gauge thingy

If you still need one next tuesday, PM me. I'm getting my truck back monday and I don't think it'll be used with my twins setup.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
dieselram
Captain

Also, what size is your aero muffler? What do you do with your exhausts after you trade?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

my aero muffler is about 2-2.5 feet long. Any of the exhaust setups I have had included an Aero except when I ran straight pipe (way to loud on a 3rd gen). I ran two aeros at one time and liked that setup and wish that is what I kept.

right now I have the aero where the stock muffler was and the rest is all straight pipe.

usually I trade or sell them when I'm done

Old 12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
jarhd1
Default filtermeter

My filtermeter blew up....I have a K&N in there....do I really need it? Also, at idle, RPMS are jumping up to 1000...is that thing sucking air and messing with the idle? Thanks for the help. Paul

Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 AM
pizzo
All Star

yes it is and you need to plug that off ASAP NOW before you start the truck again all the air is going through that hole and your not using your air filter. Since the air filter is restricted part of the intake now... take care of that ASAP you can dust your engine with dirt and scar the cyl walls

Old 12-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Cartalk2
Professional

Originally Posted by Mayfair
What the heck do you need one of those for? I don't think mine even works. I've never seen it move.
I had a simular thought about this indicator until mine moved about half up the scale -near new filter, maybe 10K. Not beleiving, I re-set and check after a short drive , again to my amazement indicator had moved about mid scale.

When I opened up the filter box, the filter was all distored and the element was generally flattened out laying across the flow path.

Why?? What I determined was I had drove about 8 hours in generally moderate to heavy rain, and apparently too much water was sucked into the system and turned the filter to a wet mess that lost its shape.

Replaced filter - no further problems.

Last edited by Cartalk2; 12-27-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
MOPARPAT
Rookie

ANY STORE THAT SELLS HEAVY DUTY TRUCK BRAKES, FILTERS AND PARTS FOR BIG RIGS WILL SELL THOSE FILTER MINDERS

Quick Reply: air filter gauge thingy