Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Horn Disable???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:33 AM
behindbars
Default RE: Horn Disable???

I just clipped one of these onto the 2 wires going into the seatbelt to splice them together. Now no annoying honking and no dinging if I don't want to put my seatbelt on.

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:09 PM
agargano98
Veteran

ahh, well enough people must have complained because my 07 does not do that.

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:37 PM
handymanherb
Banned

That's why I haven't taken mine to have the fast idle turn on at the dealership, I affaid they won't listen to me when I say, I will kick your *** all over the parking lot if the horn honks when you get done, LOL

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:40 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: agargano98

ahh, well enough people must have complained because my 07 does not do that.
No, yours doesn't do it because it's an 07.5 with the new 6 speed auto. or you have the manual 6 speed.
The reason why these trucks do this is because of the poor design of our auto tranny/shifter. There was/is a problem where sometimes the shifter will not be fully engaged in "Park" , even though it shows that it is. You step out of the truck and look back to see your truck driveing it's self backwards down the driveway.
So instead of fixxing the poorly designed tranny, they installed the "Dummy" alarm. Or as I like to call it, "the scare the **** out of my self alarm".
I don't think manuals in any year model have this feature. But the reason why you don't ,if you have an auto, is because it is a completely new re-designed tranny.

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:47 PM
farmerguy
Rookie

behindbars, can you send me your moms phone number? shes hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 02-08-2008 | 01:01 PM
agargano98
Veteran

i have the auto. not having that alarm is almost worth the loss of fuel mileage with the 6.7

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:46 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

You step out of the truck and look back to see your truck driveing it's self backwards down the driveway.
So what??? Now your truck drives backwards by itself but honks the horn as it is running away from you? What purpose does honking the horn solve if your truck is a runaway?

Has anyone tried my $10 relay fix yet? I don't have this "feature" on my 2001.

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:35 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

You step out of the truck and look back to see your truck driveing it's self backwards down the driveway.
So what??? Now your truck drives backwards by itself but honks the horn as it is running away from you? What purpose does honking the horn solve if your truck is a runaway?

Has anyone tried my $10 relay fix yet? I don't have this "feature" on my 2001.
LMAO.......I thought about that too. That would be one funny *** video if someone got it on tape!!

Quick Reply: Horn Disable???