Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Loss of POWER

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 AM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of POWER

i was on my way home tonight and was running about 80 mph when the engine just cut out. it was almost as if it had no fuel but then it came back on. then when i hit 90 it did the same thing again. it only cuts out for 2-3 seconds. it has done this a few times before so i was wondering if anyone had an idea of what could be wrong. only 3 weeks ago i installed my AirDog set up so i have an all new fuel filter! im kinda scared because i don't want to install my new adrenaline tomarrow and then have the problem get worse! i am supposed to take the truck on a 200 mile trip this weekend after i put the kit on and i really don't want to end up stuck somewhere! Thanks for any help!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:58 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Default RE: Loss of POWER

Check your turbo/intercooler boots. You could have a small air leak that gets worse the more boost the turbo puts out. Also check and see if you have any code in the ECM. You can have code with no CEL light. If you have any codes, post them here and we can tell you what it means.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:03 AM
dingo3g
Rookie

Crank sensor?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Check you TPS. I think you had a post a few days ago about your TPS. This could also be a TPS problem. I'd check it first if you haven't already done so.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

i had this when my cam sensor went off

Old 02-18-2008, 12:59 AM
justviper1
Veteran

thanks guys i will have the truck in the garage tomorrow and will see if i have any codes in it. i will also try checking the tps and the cam sensor. i hope to find something so that i don't have to worry about it quiting altogether.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:50 AM
behindbars

You might want to try checking and cleaning all your connections on your edge and quad boxes. They say not to use the dielectric grease on them but everyone that doesn't seems to have problems.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 AM
justviper1
Veteran

i just put the quad on saturday and saw that there was already dielectric in the connectors. for the time being i took the edge off and am just running the adrenaline so that i know that the power is strictly coming from it and what it can produce. i was however thinking of hooking them both together and seeing what happened. Just need to upgrade the trans first!

Quick Reply: Loss of POWER