Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

UNFREAKIN BELIEVEABLE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UNFREAKIN BELIEVEABLE !!!

Greasing that u-joint fitting wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the cross member directly below the u-joint! It does seem like a bad design, but I can imagine that if you're designing and building a pickup truck you must deal with lots of compromises and nagging little details.

I'm a engineer on a future weather satellite for NOAA. We just had a users conference in New Orleans; basically a bunch of meteorologists telling us what they think the next-gen weather satellite should do. At the program office we have to deal with things like the weight of the satellite, the budget, the time to design the instruments, the dependability of the technology, etc. The users get their reports with the click of a mouse on their PCs, and most of them probably have no idea what goes into getting all these instruments working in harmony in an orbit 22,000 miles from Earth. The users constantly **** and moan because we're not developing xxx (pick your favorite weather instrument) for the next satellite. If I hear one more meteorologist say, "How come the European weather satellites havexxx on board their satellite, and we don't?" I'm going to choke the bastard!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Joel_MD
If I hear one more meteorologist say, "How come the European weather satellites havexxx on board their satellite, and we don't?" I'm going to choke the bastard!
You can start with this guy

He's a whiny pompus tool ON the air. I can only imagine what he's like off the air.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
bert0168
Professional

You can start with this guy

He's a whiny pompus tool ON the air. I can only imagine what he's like off the air.
+1
He's definitely a jackass

Old 02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude I remember when he said right on the air that if you hit him with a snowball he'll sue you because he's got the best lawyer in town.

Yeah ... THERE'S aguy I wanna hang out with

Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Yeahanother benefit of manualhubs. Mine have been on there since the truck wasstill almostnew.Factory grease should be good to go for a long time.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
JR 06
Professional

Yeah automotive engineers don't seem to make things sensible. From what i've seen they like to put things in the most difficult places. Or just cramming things all together so you have to take a bunch of crap off to get to one thing.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:39 PM
73Jim
Veteran

My wife and I are both engineers and the credo of any engineer is to "put intelligence" into whatever project is being developed. With that being said THAT GUY SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!

Quick Reply: UNFREAKIN BELIEVEABLE !!!