Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What a weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a weekend

So this weekend was a party for the local truck club I play with. WOW what fun we had!!! One of our members has a great house with a WONDERFUL shop and was nice enough to let us all come to his house to play.

There were a billion trucks there! Mostly Dodge, a good handful of Furds and even a token Chuby or two . One guy has an F450 with a 12V Cummins in it; "Fummins" as he calls it did pretty well in the mud pit. One guy didn't do so hot in the mud; well maybe he was to hot He burnt up the insulation under the hood.

The guys jumped in and did everything from installing new lights, tranny services, replaced a pinion yoke, one guy had an entire power-coated custom job to put in under the hood on his race truck. Wow there were a lot of wrenches dropped and even more beers taken down.

Here are the pics I took http://picasaweb.google.com/lilfroger/NWBomberParty2008

Once the video of the 'bombvoy' gets on the net I'll bring it over. What a sight that was there had to have been a good 40 rigs in a row cruising up I-5.

My truck is very very very very very very very very LOUD with a trailer behind it. I might have been the only truck there w/ a Jake Brake on. Everyone else was running Pac Brakes; those things are so much quieter than my Jake

If you don't have a local club to do get-togethers with find one. What fun!

Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: What a weekend

And to think I wasn't invited

Old 02-24-2008, 07:04 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

well take your happy little behind to nwbombers [8D]

Plus you work on Saturdays...you always tell me no when I bring stuff up anyhow so poohy on you [8D]

Old 02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Watermelon
Captain

I was kinda diggin this one

Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
jakebrake
Champion

I tried signing up over there several times, but I kept getting an invalid email address message.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Biggen's truck is pretty different. He has a good buddy who does powder-coating so they've gone a bit nuts with it. But not only is all the coating blue....but it is a blue metal flake so it sparkles . The bumper is some road-armor beast. He got that truck stuck in the mud-pit; no front drive line so he was stuck in 2x4. And to add insult to injury he locked the keys in the truck while it was RUNNING stuck in the pit. Poor guy is never gonna live it down.

Simon spent some time talking w/ the owner of the 1st Gen....he has a ton of work into it. They mounted new bed sides and repaired the tail gate then painted it. He used it to tow his trailer up and it just purrrrrrrss like a kitten.

That red truck is a mean mean mean race rig!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Hey Froggy, I did not know you were in Wash. St. I have a Mother in Law and a brother on Law in Arlington. I think he works at Boeing. We are supposed to visit out there this fall. I could bring yall some grits and chitlinsand sugar for your tea.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
jakebrake
Champion

arlington????? Ummm that kinda hits close to home. Sorta like 2 miles away

Quick Reply: What a weekend