Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Edge and Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
hottrodder67
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge and Attitude

OK so i just had a Edge Juice and Attitude installed in my 06. I love the power that i get from it. My only problem is that my engine does not shut off. Yes thats right. i will turn the truck off the RPMs will go down to zero the key will be out and yes the trucks engines still runs.The only way to get it to shut off is to put my foot on the brake pedal.Anybody have any ideas what the hell will cause this. is my truck poset by some other human being? is there a ghost with me? what the !@#$%^ is going on?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
killer1562001
Default RE: Edge and Attitude

its the turbo timer on the edge chip it will shut off when the turbo cools down.. or go to the menu page and turn it off.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

Try reading the owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can download from the Edge website.

Not sure if yours is the same as the one for the 6.7, but on mine the turbo cool-down feature will not activate if you leave the parking brake off when you turn the key. It's an anti-theft feature, so if someone tries to steal a vehicle during the cool-down period the engine will shut down as soon as the parking brake is released.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
behindbars

Go into menu, then Juice configuration, then cool down timer (or turbo timer don't remember exactly what it calls it), Thenyou can set it for either apre determined amount of time or a certain temp. I have mine set for 300 degrees. Some have it set for 350 some400. I think the default is 350. Your truck will idle until it reaches that temp or time that you set it at.A great feature.

Hitting the brake pedal overrrides this and shuts it off (forsafetyand theft purposes)

Quick Reply: Edge and Attitude