Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

diesel turbo on gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:21 AM
woligator
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diesel turbo on gas engine

im wondering about putting 2 HX35 turbo on my 455 gas engine in one of my car, one for each headder side....
my question is :i want to run it them to suck from the carb but will gas entering them will wash lubrification from them? is the sealing is up to the task?
and while im at it what is the burning stochiometic ratio for diesel? i know for gas but diesel i have no idea,maybe 2 turbo will be too much since i wont need
so much air than in a diesel and not much psi to make big difference....

Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 AM
KenZ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: diesel turbo on gas engine

455? would this be a pontiac or oldsmobile? Can be done and probably has been done, but sounds like a whole bunch or work. It looks cooler with a Supercharger stuck thru the hood anyway! Have played with pontiacs for many years, and one of there weak points is the bottom end (crank). Try and do a internet search as Gale Banks built a trans am (mid 80's I think) that was twin turbo'ed, run 200+ top end and cruised all day long in town with no overheating at all. I think from what I remember the turbos were mounted one each behind the head lights sucking air in from next to the light. Carb was mounted near the outlet of the turbo and piped into the intake. Very slick set up. Good luck.

Quick Reply: diesel turbo on gas engine