Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Aero Buyback Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 02:28 AM
htgriffith
|
Veteran
Default Aero Buyback Program

Aero Performance Products, Inc. Announces Muffler Buyback Program With Credit Toward Purchase of Aero Exhaust Products

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080311/0373188.html

Old 03-12-2008 | 04:55 AM
Joel_MD
Captain
Default RE: Aero Buyback Program

You're the guy who was touting the stock of this company a few months ago, right? How is it doing?

Old 03-12-2008 | 05:17 AM
htgriffith
|
Veteran

Aero is going to do good. They are and have gone through some restrucering of managment. Aero has just know Got New Distributor for Aero Products in Australia and New Zealand Markets,
The Marketing Effort Is Focused on Expanding Awareness of Aero Products in the New Territory Covering 9 States In The U.S. It Will Take Some Time But They Will Grow.

Old 03-12-2008 | 08:14 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

"Aero will pay muffler shops and other automotive supply outlets $10 for any uninstalled competitors product to be used toward any new Aero muffler" ????

Am I missing something here? So if I had a new "uninstalled" muffler, I only get $10 for it?? Who in their right mind would just give away and brand new muffler for $10?? I really don't see the point here, why wouldn't I just sell it for what it's worth?
I can't see anyone taking advantage of this promotion.

Old 03-12-2008 | 09:14 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

It does seem like a silly promotion. Who has new, uninstalled mufflers lying around the house? If youown a muffler shop, would you take a bunch of Flowmaster/Borla/Dynamax/Magnaflow mufflersfor whichyou paid $80-$200 each, and give them to Aero for a $10 credit?

Htgriffith won't tell us how the stock is doing, other than "Aero is going to do good." I'm guessing that means it really sucks. If we all go out and buy a few Aero mufflers, maybe the stock will improve.

Old 03-12-2008 | 11:18 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Eff the stock, their mufflers are AWESOME !!

Old 03-12-2008 | 01:22 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i was thinking the same thing buzzy, 10 dollars for mufflers....... you have got to be crazy. but after reading that i closed it, so maybe there was a better explination in the next paragraph.

Old 03-12-2008 | 01:51 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

It's more than they'ed get with just having the muffler sitting on the shelf collecting dust. If you had a 50-100 mufflers that haven't sold, that can add up. Plus the credit goes towards an aero muffler, so they could get a small stock of aero for nothing just for mufflers that haven't sold anyways

Old 03-12-2008 | 02:06 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

It's more than they'ed get with just having the muffler sitting on the shelf collecting dust. If you had a 50-100 mufflers that haven't sold, that can add up. Plus the credit goes towards an aero muffler, so they could get a small stock of aero for nothing just for mufflers that haven't sold anyways
Maybe I misunderstood then. I though it was a deal for the consumer to come in and trade out his muffler not the shop to liquidate their stock.

Old 03-12-2008 | 02:14 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

This is half way through the 3rd paragraph.

"Bryan Hunsaker, chief executive officer of Aero Performance Products, Inc. "Often one barrier for a salesman to overcome when selling a new product line is the old unsold product on the retailer's shelf. When we remove that barrier it is much more likely our salesmen will succeed in their distribution efforts.Bryan Hunsaker, chief executive officer of Aero Performance Products, Inc. "Often one barrier for a salesman to overcome when selling a new product line is the old unsold product on the retailer's shelf. When we remove that barrier it is much more likely our salesmen will succeed in their distribution efforts."

Yeah, from the customer standpoint, if I boughta $200 muffler and would only got $10 for it...I say eff that.

Quick Reply: Aero Buyback Program