Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT Oil has fuel in it

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
UpBranchLiner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT Oil has fuel in it

OFF TOPIC

Ok heres the story. I have an old John Deere 60 (Johnny Popper). For those of you that dont know much about them they run on two horizontal cylinders. So I parked it and went on vacation for 10 days. Well the float in the carb must have stuck and fuel filled the cylinders and got down in the oil pan.Lucky for me I went to fire it up and it would barely turn over and I saw fluid coming out the stack. I looked in the sight glass and it was over full on oil. So I dumped the oil and filter, pulled the plugs out to let things air out. Is there anything else I should do? I thought after letting it air out Id dump fresh oil in, run it for a bit, then change oil again.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Default RE: OT Oil has fuel in it

There is nothing else you could possibly do to that thing. It's not that complicated of a machine. You're on the right track. As long as you don't have a crack in your block, you have nothing to worry about with the anti-freeze. Are you going to rebuild the carb?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-18-2008, 11:33 PM
UpBranchLiner

I think Ill at least clean the carb up. It has the duplex carb and I heard they can be tricky get tuned in correctly. For being 54 years old she runs pretty damn good so I think it shouldnt need a carb rebuild.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
sanddragonslayer
Rookie

you've got it right, and I agree with not messing with carb. My dad took his apart, and it was hell trying to get it tuned. (old fergeson) by the way I can't spell!!

Quick Reply: OT Oil has fuel in it