Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust Cut-Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:01 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Cut-Out

Im not sure exactly. I know they check for selpheric acid content and sulfer content. They hook a tube up to the exhaust pipe and a dude in filthy coverals gets in and revs your engine. You wait in a plexiglass booth and observe them doing there thing. About 10 minutes later they give you the results on a sheet of paper that tells you whether you pass or fail. They also check for equipment. So, whether or not you pass the emissions portion of the testing, if you dont have the smog equipment that it came with, you fail.

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:03 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

well then it's a good thing I kept the original cat...

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:42 PM
12valveman
Professional

hey guys Drew was right the cel will come on in the truck even with a little becuase the cummins controler is not dumb it knows what it should see for backpressure before and after the dpf even in it along with temp changes to the dpf and sensors so i can probably guarantee you a cel and i would like to see one of those dpf delete kits come around when a vehicle is inspected or even check for any reason. it is from dodge that if it is missing and has the chip in it for the delete you delete any and all warranty with it. hardly worth it. what is the main issue with having it all the cel lights that they cause? just wondering going through alot of work to get rid of something that is suppose to do good just not to the pocketbook

Old 03-20-2008 | 07:14 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Lets see here, Major loss in power when it goes into REGEN, huge lack of sound, even with my muffler gone, in the future it will need to be replaced, the tech at dodge says they are good for around 100,000 miles, high EGT's when towing. I don't want to know what the temp actually is.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Cut-Out