Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT - Aftermarket seats.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
73Jim
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT - Aftermarket seats.

I’ve got an old Pontiac that I am in the process of restification and I want to put in some modern bucket seats. I’ve been to the junkyard many times and actually found a set of power, heated, black leather bucket seats out of an Audi (A6-8). They are super nice seats but the way they mount is CRAZY! Instead of the slider having four mounts and the seat slides on top of the sliders the Audi seats have two standard mounts in the front for the slider; however the back of the seats have "wings" that are attached to the seats (not the sliders). These wings fit into a C channel that was welded into the floor pan of the Audi, and they slide with the seat. I can’t figure out a way to either bypass the "wings" to make four mounts, or to duplicate the C channel. If I duplicated the C channel it would poke out above the carpet and look strange. So anyone got any insight on aftermarket bucket seats? I know, I know, Recaro makes seats but I need to stay on a budget. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 AM
mytowrig
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT - Aftermarket seats.

i don't know what kind of style you are looking for, but any aftermarket jeep parts magazine or website like quadratech or 4wheelparts, etc, have all kinds of bucket seats. also, http://www.corbeau.com/ has some decent prices and looks on their website and you can get mounting brackets for about any car ever made...

Quick Reply: OT - Aftermarket seats.