Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEW truck addition...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW truck addition...

so i was at my girlfriends brother in law's house a few days back and seen he had a navigation unit sitting on his counter. i asked what are you doing with this and he told me hes going to put it on ebay, then he asked "why do you want it"? then i said yea but how much and he tells me $250 and its yours....[sm=wootwoot.gif] i had it in my hands by the time he finished saying the number 250

its such a sweet unit, and for the price its even sweeter! does anyone have this one? the only down side i see on it is you cant use the naviagtion and play a cd at the same time because you have to have the navigation disk in the player for it to work.... it does not remember the information and its only a one dish player so i guess what people do is get cd changers installed..... anyone have a changer installed, how much should i be looking at to pay to have installed?

Name:  other183.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  24.5 KB

Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 PM
04QC4X4
Captain
Default RE: NEW truck addition...

Looks cool. I don't know anything about them, but they are pretty neat.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Old 03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
KenZ
Veteran

Is it a stock unit or an aftermarket? I have the stock nav unit and I believe there is a way to play the cd after the trip routing is set. I would have to reread the owners manual. Nice score, I love mine.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 AM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

I have the 06 factory navi and mine has a 6 cd/mp3 changer built in and a nav disk slot at the bottom so I can play cd's and use the navigation at the same time after the route has been set. I like it a lot and use it all the time for work.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

it is a stock unit and the model number is RB1... there is a RB3 that has some sort of memory in it so a cd can be played but it has a smaller screen. i still love this player, even know i cant play a cd while navigating.

you guys say you can eject navi dvd after trip is set? i have not tried that yet and im hoping it would work. ill have to give her a run tomorrow and see how that works. i did not get any manuals with this so its all trial and error.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Interesting. I thought that all the nav units had 6-disc players on them! Guess that's not the case

Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Now that you've got the navi, you've got no more excuses as to why you can't come and pick me up for the trip to the Keys.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, mayfair.... with those fancy new tires ya got i think we could turn more heads with your ride!

also.... i just checked that unit out to see if you can pull the navi disk after you set your trip plans and it just closed the navigation. so playing cds after the trip route is set is not going to happen with my set up

and for the record: i have not used it on a trip but i have played with it and set a few routes to see how it works.......... and i think i like my portable tomtom one better. it has better options, tells time of arrival and how many miles left all on the main screen plus the colors can be changed and options can be tossed around. i think the new ones all come with changers and better options... but im still happy with what i got

Old 03-27-2008, 11:29 PM
sharx ram
Champion

I was gonna go that route when I did mine, they look sweet....until I drove with my buddy and his kept bitching at him if he didnt turn where it told him too hehehe

Quick Reply: NEW truck addition...