Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT........Obama's latest promise

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
ride0169
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT........Obama's latest promise

Lied to the people to get us in this mess (Iraq) For the good of his buddy's to profit Haliburton etc. etc. Biggest scam ever to screw the people. How many times did Bush Veto Congress when the Repubs were in control? never, only when Dems were in control

Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Yeah, I am really getting tired of all the negativity towards bush. Dont get me wrong, not saying he is a great president, but everyone that has problems just looks for someone to blame. And guess who is the most simple to blame?

Old 04-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I posted this oce before, but for those who missed it the first time, here it is again ...

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years. He wrote this:

THE 545 PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR AMERICA'S WOES BY CHARLEY REESE: Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes? You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 300 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country. I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank. I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason, they have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton- picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The
politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party. What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a SPEAKER, who stood up and criticized G.W. BUSH for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto.

REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist. If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ. There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can
take this power. Above all, do
not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do. Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

I think Mayfair should run as an independant
I second this vote.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 AM
02cummins
Captain

i know that most of you on here are probly gonna give me **** for this, but i dont bother with payin alot of attention to this political crap goin on in our country...i dont vote, i dont pay attn to whos winning, or losing...and maybe i should spend time in my life to get to know whats goin on, but maybe i shouldnt either...there is so much **** goin on thats not right, or un-true and i will never know the truth or whos fault what is...chances are most of the stuff goin on in this world, and on the news is made up, or fabricated to look better/worse than it truelly is...i dont know who i want for president, nor do i think things will change either. all that i know is the fact that canada pays nothing for health care, and i as a single 23 year old male, has to pay $72/a week just for basic healthcare, not including dental insurance, is pretty ****ty...the fact that i have to pay taxes for the motherfu@#ers that collect welfare, and also sell drugs and are driving better, nicer vehicles than i am makes me sick. the fact that i pay for unemployment and i have to wait 2 weeks without recieving it as a (waiting period) and its 1/3 of what i actually make pisses me off...the fuel prices crap is bull****...complete bull****. i dont know i guess i just go with the flow, and live my life as is, and just wait for **** to hit the fan and I eventually die...i wanna know more, and pay more attention to it, but at the same time i dont think things will get better, and im affraid if i do listen to something, and learn about it i might be learning a lie or wasting time hopeing...

Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

list 3 accomplishments by Obama since he has been in governemt....

Old 04-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Bigriver

Hey Folks..........just coming in from a job, it's about 2 am. Time for me to reflect again.
I've been watching where this post has gone and how it's evolved into some serious conversation about whom I personally think is one of the most dangerous politicians in this country.
This post I started was at first intended to be some humor regarding one of Obama's ridiculas promises. I'm truely glad that others have a sence of alarm that Obama has created in conservitive circles.
Lately, his pastor, Mr. Wright has been exposed as the racist that he is, but there is another in Obama's inner circle worthy of the spotlight.
Introducing Mrs. Obama............
This is an email that was sent to me recently........read and think this over.

[/align] [/align]
[/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align][/align] [/align] Thesis - Michele Obama aka Michelle LaVaughn Robinson - Fwd from Gene[/align] [/align]
[/align] [/align] In her senior thesis at Princeton, Michele Obama, the wife of Barack Obama stated that America was a nation founded on “crime and hatredâ€. Moreover, she stated that whites in America were “ineradicably racistâ€. The 1985 thesis, titled "Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community" was written under her maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson. [/align] [/align] Michelle Obama stated in her thesis that to "Whites at Princeton , it often seems as if, to them, she will always be Black first..." However, it was reported by a fellow black classmate, “If those "Whites at Princeton " really saw Michelle as one who always would "be Black first," it seems that she gave them that impressionâ€. [/align] [/align] Most alarming is Michele Obama’s use of the terms “separationist†and “integrationist†when describing the views of black people. [/align] [/align] Mrs. Obama clearly identifies herself with a “separationist†view of race. [/align] “By actually working with the Black lower class or within their communities as a result of their ideologies, a separationist may better understand the desperation of their situation and feel more hopeless about a resolution as opposed to an integrationist who is ignorant to their plight.â€[/align] [/align] Obama writes that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to her "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never becoming a full participant." [/align] [/align] Michele Obama clearly has a chip on her shoulder. [/align] [/align] Not only does she see separate black and white societies in America , but she elevates black over white in her world. [/align] [/align] [/align] Here is another passage that is uncomfortable and ominous in meaning:[/align] “There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I am obligated to this community and will utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit the black community first and foremost. “[/align] [/align] What is Michelle Obama planning to do with her future resources if she’s first lady that will elevate black over white in America ?[/align] [/align] The following passage appears to be a call to arms for affirmative action policies that could be the hallmark of an Obama administration.[/align] “Predominately white universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the white students comprising the bulk of their enrollments.â€[/align] [/align]
[/align] The conclusion of her thesis is alarming. [/align] Michelle Obama’s poll of black alumni concludes that other black students at Princeton do not share her obsession with blackness. But rather than celebrate, she is horrified that black alumni identify with our common American culture more than they value the color of their skin. “I hoped that these findings would help me conclude that despite the high degree of identification with whites as a result of the educational and occupational path that black Princeton alumni follow, the alumni would still maintain a certain level of identification with the black community. However, these findings do not support this possibility.â€[/align] [/align] Is it no wonder that most black alumni ignored her racist questionnaire? Only 89 students responded out of 400 who were asked for input.[/align] [/align] Michelle Obama does not look into a crowd of Obama supporters and see Americans. She sees black people and white people eternally conflicted with one another. [/align] [/align] The thesis provides a trove of Mrs. Obama's thoughts and world view seen through a race-based prism.[/align] This is a very divisive view for a potential first lady that would do untold damage to race relations in this country in a Barack Obama administration. [/align] [/align]
Michelle Obama’s intellectually refined racism should give all Americans pause for deep concern. Now maybe she’s changed, but she sure sounds like someone with an axe to grind with America . Will the press let Michelle get a free pass over her obviously racist comment about American whites? I am sure that it will. But it shouldn’t. FYI: I am not a supporter of any of the candidates for president. In fact, they all leave a bad taste in my mouth. However, I am definitely sick of the main stream media (MSM) feeding us all this crap about Obama being an agent of change. Has anyone stopped to think what kind of change; really? PS:We paid for her scholarship. [/align][/align][/align] [/align] From Gene's Desk
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time
with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my
children may have peace. - Thomas Paine[/align]

[/align] [/align][/align]

[/align]

Old 04-03-2008, 10:59 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

This came from a career Marine, he just happens to be a Canadian. Check
"Canadian Health Care" on snopes.com I believe his thoughts on the recent
health care proposal might be of interest to Americans.

"Hey All, I saw on the news up here in Canada where Hillary Clinton
introduced her new health care plan. Something similar to what we have in
Canada. I also heard that Michael Moore was raving about the health care
up here in Canada in his latest movie. As your friend and someone who
lives with the Canada health care plan I thought I would give you some
facts about this great medical plan that we have in Canada.

First of all: 1) The health care plan in Canada is not free. We pay a
premium every month of $96. for Shirley and I to be covered. Sounds great,
eh. What they don't tell you is how much we pay in taxes to keep the
health care system afloat. I am personally in the 55% tax bracket. Yes 55% of my earnings go to taxes. A large portion of
that and I am not sure of the exact amount goes directly to health care
our #1 expense.

2) I would not classify what we have as health care plan, it is more like
a health diagnosis system. You can get into to see a doctor quick enough
so he can tell you "yes, indeed, you are sick or you need an operation"
but now the challenge becomes getting treated or operated on. We have
waiting lists out the ying-yang some as much as 2 years down the road.

3) Rather than fix what is wrong with you the usual tactic in Canada is to
prescribe drugs. Have a pain here is a drug to take- not what is causing
the pain and why. No time for checking you out because it is more
important to move as many patients thru as possible each hour for
Government reimbursement

4) Many Canadians do not have a family Doctor.

5) Don't require emergency treatment as you may wait for hours in the
emergency room waiting for treatment.

6) Shirley's dad cut his hand on a power saw a few weeks back and it
required that his hand be put in a splint - to our surprise we had to pay
$125. for a splint because it is not covered under health care plus we
have to pay $60 for each visit for him to check it out each week.

7) Shirley's cousin was diagnosed with a heart blockage. Put on a waiting
list. Died before he could get treatment.

8) Government allots so many operations per year. When that is done no
more operations, unless you go to your local newspaper and plead your case
and embarrass the government then money suddenly appears.

9) The Government takes great pride in telling us how much more they are
increasing the funding for health care but waiting lists never get
shorter. Government just keeps throwing money at the problem but it never
goes away. But they are good at finding new ways to tax us, but they don't call it a
tax anymore it is now a user fee.

10) My mother needs an operation for a blockage in her leg but because she
is a smoker they will not do it. Despite her and my father paying into the
health care system all these years. My Mom is 80 years of age. Now there is talk that maybe we should not treat fat and
obese people either because they are a drain on the health care system.
Let me see now, what we want in Canada is a health care system for healthy
people only. That should reduce our health care costs.

11) Forget getting a second opinion, what you see is what you get.

12) I can spend what money I have left after taxes on booze, cigarettes,
junk food and anything else that could kill me but I am not allowed by law
to spend my money on getting an operation I need because that would be
jumping the queue. I must wait my turn except if I am a hockey player or
athlete then I can get looked at right away. Go figure Where else in the
world can you spend money to kill yourself but not allowed to spend money
to get healthy.

13) Oh, did I mention that immigrants are covered automatically at tax
payer expense having never contributed a dollar to the system and pay no
premiums.

14) Oh, yeah, we now give free needles to drug users to try and keep them
healthy. Wouldn't want a sickly druggie breaking into your house and
stealing your things. But people with diabetes who pay into the health
care system have to pay for their needles because it is not covered but
the health care system.

I send this out not looking for sympathy but as the election looms in the
states you will be hearing more and more about universal health care down
there and the advocates will be pointing to Canada. I just want to make
sure that you hear the truth about health care up here and have some food
for thought and informed questions to ask when broached with this subject.

Step wisely and don't make the same mistakes we have."

Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Your Social Security

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones)

didn't know this.

It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it.

Be sure and show it to your kids.

They need a little history lesson on what's what, and it doesn't matter whether
you are Democrat of Republican.

The facts are there!!

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

3. ) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

4) That the money contributed by the participants would be put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program, and, < BR>
5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees
would never be taxed as income.

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

-------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving
annuity payments to immigrants?

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter

and the Democratic Party.

AND MY FAVORITE:

Immigrants that moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social
Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!

-------- --------------------------------------------------------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and
tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is, uninformed citizens believe i t!
If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and
maybe changes will evolve. Maybe not, some Democrats are awfully sure of
what isn't so.

But it's worth a try. How many people can
YOU send this to?

Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Hopefully once Hillary is gone, the spotlight will turn to Obama and his history and what he's REALLY about. Hopefully the election will be an easy choice for Americans. That is, if

1 - We get a FAIR election, with real results

2 - Americans get smart, and go out and VOTE

We'll see

Quick Reply: OT........Obama's latest promise