Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fireams

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fireams

ok peoples

Yimmy and I were in Tucson saturday for a gun show. I saw the Springfield XD pistols.

http://www.xdpistols.com/category/8-...W_Pistols.aspx

I have a chicom sks with 30 rd mag that holds 43, and a premounted red dot sight, along with a CZ50 32cal pistol. plus oodles of 7.62x39 ammo

do ya feel I could sell them for enough to buy a $500 xd 40??

at the gun show, I saw russian 380's makarov style (used) for $300, czech makarov 9x18 for $300

the cz 50 is makarov style 32acp
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg193-e.htm

all modled after the walther pp
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg13-e.htm

Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 PM
behindbars
Default RE: fireams

They're a sweet looking gun. Esp. the green framed one.A little big for a carry weapon if your gonna carry it IMO. I carry the Glock 26.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

the xd's on display came with HIGH CAPACITY mags [sm=badbadbad.gif]

I plan on gettin my CCW here in a month or so.

after I find out the cost, I will hussle for the money

Old 03-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Dallas192
Professional

I have a couple of semi auto's, all Beretas 380, 22 Neosand the 96. I love themall but if you want something smaller but with a bigger punch, try the Kimber 45, the old man just bought one. fits nicely into the hand and small enough to carry without the big bulk of a full size and the recoil isn't bad.......Dallas

Old 03-30-2008, 04:19 PM
RamItOne

Czech is crap.
I have the walther p99 in a .40, its a joint venture between walther and s&w, I bought the one that's made in Germany.
Best pistol, probably close to 5,000 rounds down range and never had a jam, do a lot of 3 shot draw and shoots and full clip rapid fire with no issues, put over 500 down range in one day (first time I took it to the range)

Think the walther was 600 bucks well worth it, you get what you paid for, a buddy bought a .45 for round 400 bucks, has jammed several times with less than 500 total shots.

Also have a colt .38 snub nose det special, think its a 77 or 78, whatever the last year colt made it.

Have a tikka t3 lite stainless .308 hunting rifle, best rifle I've shot. 1 inch moa at 100 yards 5 shot group, a lil over 3 inch at 300 yards but that's more me than the rifles problem.

List goes on and on but those are my favs.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
RamItOne

as for carrying yeah the walther is on the larger side of carryable pistols, it can still fit well. I typically just keep it in the cab. One thing you should consider, if you do carry, and believe that if you are put in a situation you would draw your weapon youll want a .40, it actually has more kenetic force than a .45 and puts a 9mil to shame. The walther is a 12 + 1, the model I have is the quick action meaning I can leave the firing pin (another advantage over the traditional hammer) slightly cocked, there is NO SAFE switch, people always question me on that, but there is no on off switch.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I like this one fo sure !!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My latest favorite is my Sig Sauer P229 .40 cal. Sig is proud of their guns and know how to charge for them but it is a really nice gun. During my training (carrying a ruger at the time!) I watched glocks screw up, springfields jamming on every other casing, and even a kimber self destruct. The only ones that didn't mess up was my ruger p95 and my friends beretta 92.

All of those others make damn good guns too--everything has a lemon from time to time...

With that being said, what excuse do Ford and Chevy use??? [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 03-30-2008, 11:31 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am still in love with my s&w 40 caliber 4006 model. I took 400 rounds through it with no problem one day. nice feel, The gun fits me well.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
sa1765
Veteran

i'd say you could get close to the $500 between the 2 as long as there are people wanting those. i don't know if prices are higher on the XD's out there or if you just priced one w/ some extra stuff...but last year i priced the .40 for just under $400 here in the kansas city area.
ramit....i disagree about the czech stuff...i've got the cz-82 and it's just fine. jammed once, but i blame that on the **** ammo available for it...either wolf (absolute crap IMO) or silver bear for the 9x18. the new cz stuff is really nice too...esp. their rimfire bolt rifles.
if you want a nice carry gun...look at some of the small .380's....ruger just came out w/ a small polymer 380...called the lcp..lcr...lpc...something along those lines....excellent pocket gun. and if you're in AZ wearing shorts and t-shirt alot, you don't want to deal w/ a heavier gun and holster, you can get a clip on the handle of this and clip it to your pocket or waistband of your pants...or get a pocket sleeve thingy for it...fits in your pocket and you can't see the outline of it....but that would just be my preference, everyones different.
good luck selling your sks and cz.