Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What a day!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a day!!!!!!

Well to start it off I had to move some mail boxes(picky mail box bastarts) in the pouring down rain..
2. The truck put out p0483 code
3. Fan wont work, So I had to drive fast on the highway to keep it cool... and not drive in the city.
4. Coming back from my friends shop to have his dad check out the truck I had to do 80 on the highway to keep the engine under 220*. WELLLL a cop saw that, even though I was going the same speed as everybody else, and gave me a ticket. I insisted on a warning considering my trucks working order, but he would not give me one and said "not today". Must be becauseits the end of the month....
5. Came home, and told my parents(im 17 just so yall know!) and even though I had to drive at that speed to keep it running good, I am grounded anyway from my truck.
I have only hadthis truck for 9 days now too.... Soo this sucks!
6. Last but not least I have 2 tests tomorrow, and the air condisioner is broken upstairs... So I have to sleep on the couch downstairs since its 85* and wake up at 630 to go to the shop!

Now that I dont have my truck I'll be on here a lot and show yall some pics though! Sorry I just had to vent! [:@]

Austin

Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: What a day!!!!!!

It's 85 degrees where you are? Where do you live? I can't wait to see 85 !!

That sucks about the ticket. Don't let it get you down though. Just serve your time, and it'll be over before you know it. You'll be fine brotha.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

85!? Man all I saw today was 24 for a high. I've been out chasing calves around with my insulated coveralls on.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 AM
austin
Veteran

I live in Texas! Right next to Dallas in a suburb.

We have property in OK right over the TX border. My dad has his own business on 35 ancers(sp) building lake houses. He just fired the Mexican that we had up there mowing the grass and everything else up there. So now I have to do it. He pays me $10 an hour for everything I do. Last weekend I had to grind and repaint the rails on our boathouse. I worked 14 hours with a 20min lunch break, and no other breaks. I started at 6:30am right before the sun came up, and stopped at 10PM. I owe my dad $2000 for my truck I just bought.

I still have to pay a window tint ticket for my old truck, going to court in a week($250 plus without court costs) and then with the ticket I just got thats gunna be at least $300 plus driving ed again... Which will take 8hrs out of my Saturday(less work I can do) and I have to get my truck fixed.So I am in a money hole now!!!

After I get done with the boathouse I just have to mow every week. So basicly I wake up at 5AM every sunday and drive 2 hrs to the lakehouse, and mow for about 9hrs, then drive home and do homework. Yeah, I am a hard working 17 year old! Hell to get this truck it has been worth it so far though! I love this truck!!!!

Ok I am done with my rant if anybody actually read that!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:47 AM
sabersix

Actually I smiled as I read your rant. I was you twenty years ago!

You probably won't believe this (the older guys here will), but your are having the best time of your life! Enjoy it will you can.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:39 AM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: sabersix

Actually I smiled as I read your rant. I was you twenty years ago!

You probably won't believe this (the older guys here will), but your are having the best time of your life! Enjoy it will you can.
I tell my kids (late teens, early twenties) this, they don't believe me either. But it is so true.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 AM
KenZ
Veteran

Man, I wish thats all I had to do. Listen to 'em, what they say is true. You may not believe it now, but when your married, with kids, morgage, other bills, and a boring job to go to everyday, you'll wish you were 17 again.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM
behindbars

Funny how every teenager thinks their parents don't know shi*t. Then they turn about 25 and think Man my parents knew what they were talking about. I was the same way.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:54 AM
UpBranchLiner

Exactly!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
austin
Veteran

Well trust me I have my fun. Not as often as I used to from buying this truck. I am stuck during the week doing sat prep and homework. On the weekend I cant get enough hours for a job so I work for my dads business. Not too bad, just I can only see my friends and girlfriend one day out of the week unless she comes to the lake with me.

Dont worry guys when this truck is paid off then I will have some more fun for all of yall that can't! Ill get some pics too so you can "relive the moment"