Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Suspension Guru Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
stevew
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Guru Needed?

I need the Dodge Suspention guru to give me about 5 minutes of his time to ask several questions. I can call if someone will PM number. If I typed the questions it would take me about 30 minutes and I would get several opinions. So guy's who is the go to Guy on suspension lifts and tires. I tried to search for topics and got conflicting stories on the first few threads...

Thanks n advance
Steve

Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suspension Guru Needed?

steve, your best bet would be to call either Carli (I think) suspensions, Kore, or even Kelderman.

these guy's manufacture lifts and suspension upgrades for our trucks.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 PM
stevew
Professional

I will call them, but I think I need advice more than anything else. I want to make sure asmall lift is what I am looking for, rather than going in a diffrent direction completly.I need more of a shortoverview of tires,rims and suspention that will not be too high. Money is not any concern, I dont mind to pay 5k, butI drive alot of interstate and pull a boat every other weekend. I also pull an ATV trailer that is low to the ground, I have a B&W stow and go and the trailer is borderline dangerous. I just dont want to regret my lift a month from now.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realy like my leveling kit, it is just two spacers that fit ontop of the front springs to raise the front end 2 inches. however there are many cases of death wabble with this type of setup. however as long as the trackbar is good and the suspension geometry is correct there wont be any issues. I havent had any problems yet and my front end feels solid.

now, a better plan of action if you dont want to worry about DW problems is to look at a kore leveling kit. you get taller springs, spacers to put the sway bar in the correct possition, and a few other components. you may get a new trac bar with the kit, I'm not sure. but this will help recenter the front axel.

I have 315's on my stock wheels, no rubbing even with just the leveling kit. if you plan on going with a wider tire, 13.5's or more you will have to get a different wheel to give yourself a different back spaceing to move the wheel out.

hopefully that will help a little.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

ORIGINAL: stevew

I will call them, but I think I need advice more than anything else. I want to make sure asmall lift is what I am looking for, rather than going in a diffrent direction completly.I need more of a shortoverview of tires,rims and suspention that will not be too high. Money is not any concern, I dont mind to pay 5k, butI drive alot of interstate and pull a boat every other weekend. I also pull an ATV trailer that is low to the ground, I have a B&W stow and go and the trailer is borderline dangerous. I just dont want to regret my lift a month from now.

With your driving needs. Go w/ Carli Starter System. Gives 3" in the front and 1" in the rear (multi rate coils, end links, 5 pack mini progressive leafs, x4 Bilstien 5100 Shocks). Fit 35" perfectly w/ a wheel of 5.5"-6" of backspacing w/ no wider than 9". 37" tires also can be ran on that suspension, but w/ what you do w/ your truck. 33"-35" tires will be good for you.

You need a suspension system for function and also will give your truck a different look. Rather than a lift w/ no function at all and for looks. (two different mods).

I can go on and on...........Give me a PM/email and I will answer any question you may have.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

I'm with firemansdodge go with Carli starter or Kore Recon. I have the Kore Recon and the ride my truck has now is 1000 times better than stock with leveling blocks and some people say Carli rides better on the hwy than Kore.

Quick Reply: Suspension Guru Needed?