Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NEED HELP, trucks in the shop!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
kdtlr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP, trucks in the shop!

Did I read this right? They are charging you $1100 for the pump? How many miles are on the truck? I just had mine replaced under the 100k mile engine warranty.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Austin, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the in-tank conversion kit for a 2004 CTD retails for $292.00 for a truck with a 35 gallon tank. One for a truck with a 34 gallon tank retails for $359.00. If they are charging you $1100.00, they are charging you labor also. Labor should be in the 5-7 hour range on retrofitting your truck with the kit. Ask them what part number the kit is and I can tell you if they are jacking up the price....
Part # 68003870AA is a 35 gallon tank $292.00
Part # 68003869AA is a 34 gallon tank $359.00
Part # 5183245AA Electronic Fuel Control Actuator retails for about $200.00

Old 04-05-2008, 01:12 AM
austin
Veteran

Hmmm.... I got my truck back today. The problem was the chip. The chip put everything bad on the computer. Took it out and the computer was fine.

Now, since the chip was on this truck it is NOT covered under warrenty. I didn't even really try messing with it.

David, tomorrow and sunday I will be out of town. I will check the part numbers and get back to you though. I actually tried talking to my dad about taking it to your dealership, but they wouldnt let me[:-]Thanks for the help!

Thanks guys!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

I hate to say it you get what you pay for in diesel fuel...

I got only 3 fuel station here locally I can get diesel fuel at. But the cheapest one (generic fuel station) doesn't have weather caps on the tanks vent for the underground tank vents. So needless to say every winter I would have problems and WIF light might come on... I got in to a hell of a agruement about it... Basically they test there tanks daily and never see water... Hmmm... If water goes to the bottom of the tank and the pickup pump(in the underground tank) is at the bottom the water is the first to leave... No wonder the tank test good...

So I moved over to Chevron and never had another fuel related problem again. I always use a fuel that is of good quality and from a name brand source then to top it off from a source that sells good amounts (no stale fuel)...

Give you an idea...

This is a fuel can sitting in the bed of my truck in a unheated garage at about 35*F but out of the weather. Take notice to the frost built up around the cap. Also this is a can of UNLEADED for my sled and its from said fuel station... Cheap doesn't mean it good for you equiptment...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 PM
austin
Veteran

Yeah i know what you mean...

In texas(going from dallas to OK every weekend) their are shell stations everywhere. I am going to try and fill up right off the highway now where diesel must be used a lot.

Do you think shell is a good station? There isn't much else out here really.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP, trucks in the shop!