Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!

Ok, so I just get home and get out of my work clothes. Sit down at the computer to see what DF has for the day when suddenly, there's a knock at the door. It's an older gentleman that looks vaguely familiar. He askes me my name and I tell him. He reaches into his coat pocket and whips out a stack of papers and says "You're being served with a court order for child support. Thank you." [sm=proof.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif] WHAT THE ****!!!

So, here's the story. In 2001 I join the ARNG. Early 2002 my fiance (at the time) gets pregnant. In June '02 I board a plane bound for Ft. Sill, OK for BCT. She's crying as I wave and the plane taxis off. Two weeks into BCT I get a letter from her saying, I won't be here when you return. Have a nice life. She's 5 months pregnant. Two agonizing months later, I return home from BCT to find my house in shambles. The neighbor tells me she partied like a rockstar the night I left. Nice. For the next 1.5 years I try my *** off to find her. I finally do when she's in town one night and I get to see "my" daughter for the first time. She says I can keep in contact and get a paternity test done to make it legal and get some kind of visitation. Needless to say, this is the first time I've heard from her since. So again I ask... WHAT THE ****!!! So anyways, I'm reading the order and it shows me HER income... Between her and her live-in boyfriend, or whatever the **** he is, they're pulling in a sweet $1,000 PER MONTH!! Oh, plus $700 in food stamps, courtesy of Montana State residents.

So here's my plan. Get a lawyer, go to court, get custody and stick this whole situation straight up her @$$! Are you kidding me!? I work 3 (count 'em, 3) jobs and pull in a measley 45-50k a year. I have a wife and 2 of my own kids that live with me. 2 car payments, a mortgage and hospital bills! Can't get blood out of a turnip bitch!! DAMNIT!![:@]

Sorry... just my rant. Hope this NEVER happens to anyone else.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
04QC4X4
Captain
Default RE: OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!

Sorry to hear about that. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM
austin
Veteran

Wow that must really suck... To me it sounds like you are much better off without her though bro!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck in getting this straightened out.....

Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I am for sure better off without her. Trouble is, I haven't been with her since June of '02! And now she wants to spring this on me! I'm all about getting involved with the child I have with her, but I've tried so many times to get a pat. test done, and everytime she runs away from it! Literally! She not only backed out this last time, but she dropped her State assistance (Wyoming) and moved to a different state (Montana) that has some loophole in her favor. In Wyoming, when I wanted the pat. test, the state told her, either you do it, or we drop your welfare benefits. So she ran away! She has hidden this little girl from me for almost 6 years and NOW she wants me to pay child support and maintain medical insurance (that I can't even afford to keep on my wife and kids now!) because she's a broke *** drug addict who's involved with a druggie that has 0 work ethic! I'm just in awe of the whole situation! Does she really think that I can't provide a better life for this little girl?? Or that I'm not willing to?? I'd much rather have her in my custody where I knew that she was being properly taken care of!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 PM
austin
Veteran

I hear ya there! $1000 a month? Dang... I am a full time student with 10hrs of sat prep every week, but still making $220 a week!

Let us know how it turns out though! I hope the child is safe...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 PM
RamItOne

Yeah im waiting to see if i get served, i knocked a "handicaped" person on their *** at the gym last night. i use the term handicap loosely here. Im doing some triceps excersices and this guy (6ft, has some ok muscles) comes running up to me quite fast yelling cursing up a storm, well as hes getting into range, my fist meets his face. well it turns out the f(U)cker had tourrettes. But hell am i supposed to ask that and wait to get hit or what.

deff try for custody and make yourself look like the better parent....

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: austin

I hope the child is safe...
I do too. Knowing the mother though... I wouldn't put money on it. That's why I tried so hard for so long

Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

sounds like you got yourself in a pickle..... good luck brotha, hope everything works out with you in favor!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So where in Montana does this wonderful ex of yours live? I'm glad my tax dollars can support her and her live in. Consult an attorney. They may be able to fanagle a way around it since its been almost six years.

Quick Reply: OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!