Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Superchips Tirepaq

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Tirepaq

Ok guys, this is what happened. I put the 37's on my truck, and went in to get the speedo recalibrated. Well, I should have know that the dealer couldn't handle it, apparently with their scan tool they can only cycle between the factory tire options. So next I called every auto shop in town including a couple of 4x4 places and all of the auto parts places as well and nobody could fix it for me. So this left only one option, buy a programmer that is capable of fixing this problem. I don't really want (neither can I afford) a programer right now, but I know that I want my speedo and odometer correct, for warranty reasons, to check my mileage, to figure my mpg, etc. So I went ahead and bought a superchips tirepaq.

All it does is adjust speedometer and odometers, and read and clear engine diagnostic codes. Basically it was $240. All I want it for is to fix my speedometer/odometer and I will be done with it. If their is enough other people who would like to use it I would like to work out a plan so that everyone can benefit. For example if someone bought it from me for 200 and someone bought it from them for 190 and so on, people could use it for $10 a peice and after a 20 people or so it would be free to use. At that point DF members would just have a tire and diagnostic tool that could be passed around for free (payed for by donations so to speak).

If anyone is interested or has any better ideas please post them.

oh yeah, it works on:
gas and diesel trucks, and also 300c's and chargers, and I think some year dakota's as well. For some reason I can't find the list on their website anymore.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Methos
Veteran
Default RE: good idea?.. no, a great idea!!

Does the tirepaq not vin lock when you adjust?

I know the flashpaq vin locks, but it's also adding power and you can't adjust tire size without running the program on those. Just assumed that the tirepaq locked as well

Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
SpLaT
Captain

Basher, the dealer can do it, they are just lazy or not informed! I had same issue with dealer when I went to 35s, got same response. But! I tell them they can use star scan and go to ABS then select "other" then they can enter the RPM revolutions per mile for the size, 35s are if I remember about 597rpm or something close to that, your 37s will be lower. If I can find the calculator I'll post it.

I had to go to service manager and tell him how it was done, he was a good fellow as he was interested in this as well, after telling them how to do it, got mine done free of charge!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Methos
Veteran

If I recall what I've read correctly, that procedure only works up to the 05 models. I don't believe that the revs/mile can be used on 06 and up.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
savage.basher

Methos is correct 06 and newer can not be fixed with the revs/mile.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Here is a site that will help you figure out your revs. I used it when I just had my speedo recalibrated. The guy at the dealer told me that my new tire size wasn't in there, but when I gave him the new rev # he was able to put that in no problem and it worked just fine.

Here it is :

RECALIBRATE

Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
savage.basher

From what the guy told me from superchips, it will not vin lock. I told him I wanted to use it on my ram and my charger and he said that their would be no problem with that, but I guess I will find out tomorow when I get it

Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Methos
Veteran

That's cool if it doesn't lock. I just assumed it would to keep a bunch of people from pooling resources to do something like this on the cheap.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

does not sound like a bad idea, but i could imagine it would take along time to become free for members to use because most of us either do not run big tires, or have units like smarty that will do it for us. all in all you will find someone to buy that either in here or on ebay or something...

37" tires....... sounds like a blast man!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

37" tires....... sounds like a blast man!
And you would be correct!

Quick Reply: Superchips Tirepaq