Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

this should break her in....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this should break her in....

i just got in today from a trip into toledo ohio picking up this trailer. its a brand new 7x16 dump trailer, and has a GVWR at 14k. y'all think when shes loaded to the top it should help the break in and maybe get me some better mileage?

Name:  other184.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  55.8 KB
Name:  other187.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  49.1 KB

Old 04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
campermama
Professional
Default RE: this should break her in....

Now that is a trailer! What the heck you gonna put on it? And yes, that will break her in fo sho!!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM
SilverSmoker
Rookie

Hey Nick, too bad I didnt know you were i Toledo. I live about a half hour away. The thing is your gonna waste alot offuel pullin that thing around in hopes to get a little betterfuel mileage overall!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

Has the smarty helped you mileage at all? I know you had it on for a couple of weeks now.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

yea i know when shes loaded she will be drinking fuel down like water in the desert but maybe it will make things better when i am not towing it?!?!

the mileage is not the reason i got it..... i work for my dads construction company, we tear out and replace residental concrete but he only works 5 days which made me realize if i got my own jobs on the weekends i could make extra money. well i have been making more money in a day or 2 then working with him all week so im trying to expand my equiptment being that alls i have is a truck and a few odds n ends. i rent his stuff off him when i do my jobs... dump trucks, trailer, bobcat, and steak truck with all tools but soon plan to have my "own" thing and my "own equipment" so this was the second thing in line next to the BADAZZ truck

where about do you live in ohio? i dont live far from toledo, i am a little noth of detroit so it was only a little less than a 2 hour drive. ALSO..... how about this weather to bad its going to be in the 40's next week[:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 04QC4X4

Has the smarty helped you mileage at all? I know you had it on for a couple of weeks now.
i have gained anywhere from .5 to 1 but i have been driving like an A$$ hole i tried to drive my last tank slow, although i have not kept a sheet with mileage's written down i think i have got a solid 1 or 1.5 out of it.

i honestly think my truck is a jinx for mileage, i would not recommend anyone to base their purchases of any figures i say. im sure my set up on someone else's truck would do WAY better. i have a smarty, open exhaust, open airbox, and the small stock tires and i have never seen anything over 14 including unloaded highway driving[:@]

Old 04-11-2008, 09:09 PM
amock
Professional

Nick, you need to put an exhaust system on instead of your straight pipe. I had a straight pipe for awhile and the truck just seemed low on power. I contacted banks and told him what I had and he says straight pipe is the worst thing you can do because there is no back pressure resulting in the motor working a little harder than it should have too. I put four inch turbo back from AFE and seem a lot better including running drews brew. Just some info for ya.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
SilverSmoker
Rookie

Im east of Toledo about a half hour or so. Oak Harbor is right next door, I live close to Port Clinton and Catawba Island.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What are you gonna put in that trailer? That thing is a beast !!

So your plan is to eventually be in competition with your Pop?

Old 04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

concrete dirt and gravel, but ill also be able to bring a bobcat and powerbuggy to the job without having to use my dads dump trucks and trailers. also i plan on going off on my own in a few years ( yes, a compeditor to my dad) and plan on useing this trailer and my truck to start the company. everything i will need on the job will be able to fit in the trailer and on my truck. the more i buy now, the less over head i will have when i take that leap

Quick Reply: this should break her in....