Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

07 6.7 liter quit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008 | 01:06 PM
anders06
Default 07 6.7 liter quit

my catalsyt starting acting up last week with a 60% full message went through a regeneration then yeserterday sid it was full then defeuled till now will barely start . now just worndering what next anybody heard of the same

6.7 quad cab
edge with attuide
mrp exhaust
airraid cold air

Old 04-14-2008 | 01:22 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Default RE: 07 6.7 liter quit

You can either A. Take your truck into the dealership and get you DPF replaced or whatever they do, B. Remove the DPF and try to clean it out yourself, or C. Seeing that you have the Edge Juice With Attitide, you can get rid of your DPF all together and not have to worry about it ever again.

http://www.badptrucks.com/dodgedelete.htm

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:08 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Default RE: 07 6.7 liter quit

Ialso have the Juice w/ Attitude. If you use it on anything other than the stock setting it seems to produce too much soot for the DPF to handle. If I was you I would remove the Edge stuff and try to leave no trace of it being there (except for the exhaust pyro probe) and bringthe truck to the dealer for service. They will clean out the DPF and/or catalyst under warranty. When you get it back you can re-install the Edge stuff, but I suggest you primarily keep it set to the stock setting so your DPF doesn't fill up again. In the future you can think about deleting the cat and DPF and adding a black box to keep from going into limp mode, although it may affect your warranty coverage.

Quick Reply: 07 6.7 liter quit