Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

cummins emission controll 07

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM
tinspot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cummins emission controll 07

Is there any truth to the rumor that Cummins is working on a new Diesel for Dodge?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
tinspot

What is the real advantage of a cooled egr system? I'm having problems with the Cummins Passive regineration process. All 6.7 engines are designed to maximize the use of passive regeneration. When operating conditions maintain sufficient exaust temperatures, the diesel particulate filter is continually being cleaned. Please note "sufficient E.G.T." Cummins documents talk about "Stationary regineration" It is the oxidation of soot while the vehicle is not being driven. It is performed because the normal driving cycle will not support passive or active filter regineration (the exaust does not get hot enough). To quote Cummins, " A few duty cycles (high idle time and short route segments) occasionally require a stationary regeneration. One moore quote, "change duty-cycle or stationary regineration= Put more load on engine-requires driver interaction". To the best of my Knowledge the passive system on the 6.7 does not have a stationary regineration set up. In my opinion the emission system is not so "HOT". Or should I say, doesn't get hot enough. Thats why the engine light comes on. The particulate filter can't regenerate because the exaust gas temp doesn't get hot enough to allow it to work in city driving.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:16 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

time for the dpf delete kit.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Firemedic,

How is that H&S delete working for you, and did you get the "code free" kit? Let me know how mpg improved , I'm really thinking about it. The one I found from BADP will run me about 1K "Code Free" installed. Do you think thats to much. Many thanks.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

The one I found from BADP will run me about 1K "Code Free" installed.
I'd say with diesel hovering around $5 a gallon, it wouldn't take long to recover the cost even if you only got 1-2 MPG better.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Well I drive about 1000 miles a week so it wouldn't take as long because if you think about 1-2 mpg and then all the regens I would avoid the 1-2 mpg actually becomes more like 3-5 mpg. When I regen it lasts for about 10-15 miles and I get regens four times a tank. Thats alot of miles I'm losing. Soif you were in my shoes would you do it?

Quick Reply: cummins emission controll 07