Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Which 265/70/19.5 tire to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which 265/70/19.5 tire to go with?

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

glad to hear you're looking at ravelco.

Hey the more money you spend on the truck just means the older the veh you buy your kid, just as long as its not that old toyo you have

You'll def want to buy a good quick release keychain so you don't have to hassle with the ravelco each time you take it off.

I think that the Ravelco package comes with dual quick release key chains. If not, I have a few laying around.

The car is for my oldest (non hunting daughter) and at the rate I'm going, I'll get her something new and basic, or a slightly used higher grade vehicle. I'm thinking that I need to get her something good for not only today's fuel prices, but for the future prices as well.

My younger daughter who hunts with me loves the ole' Yota. She's already driven it up at the camp, and gets a kick out of me picking her up at school with it!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
RamItOne

lol, thats good way to identify them, yep this ones my huntin daughter, and this ones my non huntin daughter...

if you go new, a corolla is a good bet, my buddy rented one to drive from texas to ky, she said she got 40+ mpg. If you go used a good avalon would be the way to go, theyre hard to find but are worth the search... my friend at toyota has a brother inlaw that has a 96 or 98 avalon with over 230K miles, bought it new and has less than 2k worth of repairs done to it.. so basically the repairs have cost him .86 cents per mile. maybe you can dangle a new toyota solara in front of her if she agrees start going huntin..
VW diesels may also be a good way to go..ive heard people modding them to get 60+mpg, you may need to buy a locking gas cap so she doesnt just siphon all your diesel, haha.

toyota corolla says it gets 27/35 mpg, theyve come a long way in the looks department
http://www.toyota.com/corolla/specs.html

you can always look at the smartcar, my uncle in germany bought one for his company since his employees have to make deliveries in the city its great, can park anywhere, even staight in as its basically as long as a normal cars width.
http://www.smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-pure.aspx it get 40/45 mpg
its actually safe, basically its a roll cage

no clue how the stock engine could turn those, it has a massive 65 ft/lb of torque

Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
RamItOne

kinda looks like a grownups gumball machine

hrm the link seems to work every other time, if it doesnt just click on the file..

[IMG]local://upfiles/80693/673894D4037549B8897F76B0E9C7ACD5.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Which 265/70/19.5 tire to go with?